The worst names I heard while working at Build-a-Bear

For 2 years I worked at a Build-a-bear Workshop in Iowa. Over that course of time I came across some “interesting names”.

The most common names we had come in for girls 6 and up were [name]Katelyn[/name] (with a million different spellings), and [name]Sydney[/name]. For the littler ones [name]Peyton[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Isabella[/name] were most common.

Boys were pretty much the popular [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Max[/name], as well as the [name]Aidan[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]/[name]Kaden[/name]/[name]Jayden[/name] bunch.

Some of the worst were:

A girl who was probably around 9 yrs old named [name]GRIFFIN[/name]. For a boy it’s not terrible, but it just seems so wrong for a girl.

A baby boy named AVENUE. I kid you not.

A pre-teen girl named GINCY BUTT (Pronounced [name]Jin[/name]-see But). I almost couldn’t keep a straight face when ringing her up.

A sibling set, little girl named [name]SAILOR[/name] and brother [name]MAVERICK[/name]. These names aren’t terrible, but the family was so W.a.s.p.y. it went past the point of casual cool into forced.

An ALYZABBETHE. This was like something straight out of “[name]How[/name] wrong can you spell these names?” Despite the spelling, it still sounds like [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I just thought these would be interesting to share with you guys.

ALYZABBETHE - This just about made me cry.

From laughing at it’s ridiculousness, or by the way they murdered that name? lol

Avenue and Alyzabbethe just about killed me!