The WORST sibsets you know

What are some of the worst sibsets you know or know of? [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to explain why you think they’re bad if you want. Also please remember that everything said here is an opinion and you might see a sibset you like!

I’ll start by saying the set that inspired this: [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_f]Harleigh[/name_f] & [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m].

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively but [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Ines[/name_f] for two girls? They make no sense together to me. I don’t think they’ve released the third one’s name. I always use this one as an example haha.

3 Likes

Also, [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_u]Solo[/name_u]’s twins: [name_m]Vittorio[/name_m] [name_m]Genghis[/name_m] & [name_f]Lozen[/name_f] [name_f]Orianna[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f]. [name_m]Vittorio[/name_m] and [name_f]Lozen[/name_f]. Why?

2 Likes

[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] Duggar & [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] Seewald’s three children: [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] Wilberforce and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. They gave one kid one of the most controversial, out-there names ever, and then named the other two Henry and Ivy??

11 Likes

Out of curiosity, why do you find it controversial? Because of the religious connotations? Or is there another connection I’m not aware of?

Maybe controversial was the wrong word to use, I simply meant that it divided opinion/caused a bit of a stir. The name got a lot of media attention in a way that [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] wouldn’t, just because it is a bit “out there”. Some people were supportive, but a lot were very negative about it.

I don’t really like it, it’s not my cup of tea. Not because of any religious connotations but just simply because I don’t like the sound, I don’t think “spurge” is a particularly pleasant sound.

5 Likes

That’s fair enough. I’m not really into it either. Was just curious. :blush:

1 Like

I actually find the [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] and Wilberforce are what ties those two names nicely… it’s the [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] I’m slightly confused on and finding out of place.

2 Likes

Do you feel sibling names need to match?

1 Like

I always felt the same way! Adding [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is even more confusing!

Shivana & [name_f]Shivani[/name_f], twins. I think it’s obvious why. :confused:

2 Likes

One of my husband’s friends from grad school named his three sons [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], and… [name_m]Bruce[/name_m]. I believe it’s a family name, so I understand why they used it, but it certainly clashes and spoiled the set for me.

Since this thread’s been revived, I’ll share another one - [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], & [name_m]Jack[/name_m]

3 Likes

Hurricane and Tsunami :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:. I thought they were nicknames…nope

4 Likes

I’m quite passionate about names but there’s a limit for me. These are individuals not pets. Kids don’t need a “theme” or matching names. If you have named one in a specific cultural or religious way, it makes sense to me continuing this way.

My LO has a traditional Irish name. It’s hardly going to be fair if I decide that I’m not going to use something Irish for LO2. Maybe my LO1 would be upset about a “complicated” (by [name_f]English[/name_f] standards) name and maybe LO2 might be left over. :sob:

That said, worst sibset names:
Have to be careful not to out myself here

Gucci and Prada

Holden and [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] (cars)

Holden and [name_m]Ford[/name_m] (cars)

Misspelt Irish names (Tadgh was one of them)

Twee rhyming names for girls

Scarlet and O’[name_f]Hara[/name_f] - this one might have been one singular child but she has a twin.

Scarlet and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

Chardonnay and something else alcohol related

Have heard this one a couple of times - Anything political for a single political party (no thank you) so 2 kids with American [name_m]President[/name_m] names in Australia, naming kids after in/famous politicians in Australia.

Naming kids after AFL (Aussie rules football players)

1 Like

I heard about this from some guy on a YouTube channel. Twins in his class; Orangello and Lemonjello (or-AN-gelo and leh-MAHN-gelo).

Mercedes and McLaren :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is a racist myth. https://www.reddit.com/r/namenerds/comments/9lcrtp/laah_abcde_lemonjellow_uterusare_racist_urban/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

3 Likes

Cliché themed names:

• Hunter, Archer, and Fletcher
  • Summer and Autumn
  • Rose, Lily, Jasmine
  • Pearl and Ruby

Names that establish a pattern…and then break it:

• John, Jess, and … Evangelina
  • Emmett, Emilia, and … Rachel
  • Luke, Nell, Pearl, Jace, and … Augustine
1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was a black YouTuber I like to watch. Who knows anymore?