The X and Z Dilemma

I already have a son named [name]Xander[/name], but my husband and I are considering [name]Zachary[/name] should our 4th child be a boy. I wouldn’t duplicate first letters of my kids’ names, but what about sounds? Is it weird to have two kids with the same first letter sound, but a different first letter?

I like [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name]. I don’t think it would be strange to have the same sound with different letters, since that’s how X and Z sound, and it’s not as if you were using a creative spelling. Ex. [name]Xachary[/name] (ew)! [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zach[/name] makes a cute set for brothers!

Sorry, they do sound a little too similar at the start to me. If it were just the X/Z sound, I don’t think it’d be a problem, but the first vowel is also the same, and that’s where things get confusing. [name]Do[/name] you have any other names you’re considering?

I actually really like the names [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name]. I don’t think they are too similar at all. X and Z really don’t make the same sound anyways although they are similar. [name]Both[/name] names do have an a as the second letter but they don’t make the same sound either. I would think [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Zane[/name] were overdoing it because of the strong a sound. [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name] sound great! You have great taste in names!! (Plus my brother is a [name]Zachary[/name] and is the best guy I know!! It’s a strong, classic name. [name]LOVE[/name] it!!)