Theda?

I really like the name [name_f]Theda[/name_f] for my little girl. Not [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f], just [name_f]Theda[/name_f]. What do you think of it?

Middle name options so far are [name_u]Scout[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I have also been considering [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as they have been used in my family for generations, but I’m afraid they feel a bit dull. Thanks!

I’m not sure how this is pronounced: does it rhyme with “[name_f]Lina[/name_f]” or sound like “theta”?

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] (pronounced like “theta”) is very pretty!

I really like it! It’s different but familiar sounding. I’m assuming it’s pronounced Thee-dah.

I love [name_f]Theda[/name_f]! I’ve always said it like theta, but I guess it makes more sense to be more similar to [name_f]Thea[/name_f], too…

I really love [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!

Good luck!

I really love [name_f]Theda[/name_f], and [name_u]Scout[/name_u] as a middle is gorgeous.

I like the look of it but would be unsure how to pronounce it. So that’s one potential issue. That said I think it could be a nice and unexpected choice. [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] sounds spunky!

I like it, would say it so it sounds like theta.

I absolutely love it – spunky/modern and regal/ancient at the same time.

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] is gorgeous! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] myself.

thay-da

Thanks a million! I actually pronounce [name_f]Theda[/name_f] like “theta”, I did not realize some people might say it differently. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s a big problem?

I would also appreciate some ideas on how to make [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] less plain. I’m not sure I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] or something like that…

I think it’s nice enough. It is part of the name of the local hospital, everyone usually just refers to it as [name_f]Theda[/name_f]. I say it like “They-dah”

Some other ideas to honor [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] in the middle:

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Bess[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] would be thee-dah for me. I love [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I’m really not a fan of the name [name_u]Scout[/name_u], but the flow of that combo is good.

I second pp’s ideas of [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as a way to honor [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and I’d like to add [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (literal meaning of [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]) to that. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] could be [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/la, [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] (I love the idea of [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]!) or even [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]…

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] just sounds lisp-y to me, and [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f] sound far too similar to be paired together.

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] is lovely! Unusual, distinctive and strong. I’d say THEE-duh, but I’m in the UK where we pronounce “theta” like that too.

Loving [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] as suggestions! I also think [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are beautiful quirky-classic combos that sound both cool and timeless.

I think [name_f]Theda[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] would be very cool.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Theda[/name_f]. I also really like [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] or [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

Ideas for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]:
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]

[name_f]Theda[/name_f] is thee-duh to me, and I think it’s lovely. I really like the suggestion of [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].