Themed middle names?

How do you all feel about having a theme for middle names. I’m really drawn to Greek mythology but I don’t want to be tacky or lame. [name_f]Do[/name_f] middle names matter that much?
I’m currently pregnant with baby #1, not sure if it’s a boy or girl yet. We like [name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_u]Ares[/name_u]. For future siblings, [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] are middle name contenders.
For a girl, [name_u]Jade[/name_u] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is my biggest guilty pleasure. For future girls, [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] are options.

Is it too much? I usually hate themes (ie. Same first letter for all kids, painfully obvious ones, etc.) but do middle names matter as much in that sense?

Thank you!

1 Like

I think matching middle names provides a sweet connection between siblings while also ensuring they have their own identity!

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] girls both have middle names from favorite children’s/youth books of mine. Though to be fair I am stumped if the next one is a girl.

1 Like

I agree with @Greyblue entirely ! [name_f]My[/name_f] siblings and I all have 2 middle names and that was our subtle theme. A themed middle name provides a cute connection!

2 Likes

Very few people will know your baby’s middle name so I would choose something meaningful or something lovely but no I don’t think its super important generally.

1 Like

I think the middle name is the perfect place for a theme - [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] might be a bit much as fns, but as middles they’re great! Outside of birth announcements and legal documents middle names really don’t get used much, but they’re a super fun way to provide connection. I don’t think it’s tacky at all!

1 Like