Theo

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is ranked #10 for boy’s name in US for 2022. I’m looking at simply [name_u]Theo[/name_u], not the full [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] for a boy. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you foresee any issues with this name?

2 Likes

According to the SSA (in [name_u]America[/name_u], at least) [name_u]Theo[/name_u] was #99 last year so you’re still within the top 100. So the only issue would be is if you’re shooting for something less common.

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] is a cool, handsome name! The only issue is that if you’re trying to stay away from popularity, a lot of those Theodores will likely also be going by [name_u]Theo[/name_u] as well.

1 Like

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] is the best boys name. I have a close family member named [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. Only downside to it is that there are lots of Theodores that go by [name_u]Theo[/name_u].
Seriously though, great name.

I don’t foresee issues exactly, unless you’re hoping to avoid a popular name. Both [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] rank in the UK top 15, so they feel pretty much equally popular to me - especially as a lot of Theodores go by [name_u]Theo[/name_u] :person_shrugging: - and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] seems to be gaining popularity in the US too.

Still, if that doesn’t concern you, [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is charming and solid and works well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soooo many baby Theodores over here in the US.

They’re everywhere and so is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for girls, I know at least a half dozen born just in my circles in the last year or so.

I think it depends where in the US you are.

The only issue I can see is people assuming [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is short for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. It’s a lovely name!