Theodora or Theodosia, or just Teddy?

Which is the best? [name]Theodora[/name], [name]Theodosia[/name], or just [name]Teddy[/name] by itself. With the other two [name]Teddy[/name] would be the nickname, but I dont know if I like [name]Teddy[/name] as a full or nickname. Which do you like better?

I’m not a big fan of [name]Teddy[/name] as a girls’ name…I’ve never heard it used before, to be honest. I think it’d be best to use a formal name (either [name]Theodora[/name] or [name]Theodosia[/name], they’re both decent names) than to saddle your kid with a childish nickname mostly associated with males. But I guess it could be cute as a nickname, now that I think about it. :slight_smile:

Hmm – your choice?

1. Nicknames as names are in style, so [name]Teddy[/name] would fit well with all the Nellys and Jacks.

2. Girls take over all the good names! I think [name]Teddy[/name] is adorable as a girls’ name. It seems next in a long tradition of Billies and [name]Jamies[/name], not to mention Kimberlys, Aubreys, and Ashleys, all of which began life as boys’ names.

3. But personally, just personally? I like to give a child a more formal name and use the nickname. It gives the child more choices, especially in those trying teen years. A name that can be tweaked can be a godsend during those years when the teen tries on different identities.

If you choose [name]Theodora[/name], be aware your child might end up going by [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Dora[/name]. You might want to make sure you like all the variations.