Theodora vs Thomasin

Been looking through old name lists recently, and I rediscovered these two (along with [name_f]Frederica[/name_f], which I also adore). Between [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], which do you prefer? Nicknames I like are [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f].

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] is way too masculine of a name imo to give to a girl born now. I see a lot of teasing potential. I like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] I lot with nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. But, I think nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is too masculine.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Theadora[/name_f], with nickname [name_f]Thea[/name_f], more.
It would be expected that [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] would be male which, if that was my name, I would be unhappy about.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is gorgeous lovely name definitely my favourite : )

I’ve been into [name_u]Theo[/name_u]/[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] lately. [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] is growing on me too after seeing it in the movie Without a [name_u]Trace[/name_u], but I don’t love [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] on a girl. The potential downside to me is the popularity of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] on boys.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is adorable -clunky yet elegant at the same time

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f], hands down! I want to like [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]/[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], but there’s something about it that just doesn’t cut it for me. [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is gorgeous however, and I like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as nicknames.

I much prefer [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]! ([name_f]Frederica[/name_f] is also quite lovely.)

At first glance I thought [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] was made up. I like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] way better and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is an adorable nickname for a little girl.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is gorgeous but I actually really like [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] too, though I prefer [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]. I think Masie works as a more feminine nickname.

I prefer [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]. [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] is not my style, though I do like the Cornish form [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f].

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is definitely more familiar, but I prefer [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]. I love the tailored ending.

What about [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]. It is a very old feminine form Of [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. However it is not as clunky at [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]

I adore [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] and it’s my favourite of those. I also love the other [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] variations [name_f]Tamasin[/name_f] and [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f].

I have a feeling that [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] will grow in popularity ( a good thing!) with young actress [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] McKenzie. I love [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], Taisy and Tamsy for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] nicknames.

I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] might be a bit too boyish but it depends on your kid! I like [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Dora[/name_f], and [name_f]Dot[/name_f] for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] to [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] as I think [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] is very unknown as a girls name but it could work as [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] is becoming more recognizable as a name though for boys.

I really love [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] and thrilled to see someone else who does! So I want to vote for it just because it’s a wonderful, very underappreciated name which I think deserves more love… BUT I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] too and would have to vote for it, it was on our own list for a middle and I just think it’s gorgeous. Nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u] for a girl = fabulous.

I have daughters named both! Our [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] goes by [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and we don’t have a nickname for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] because my husband likes [name_f]Maizy[/name_f] and I like [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. As she gets older she can decide. We call her [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] a lot, also.

Definitely [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is nicer. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] could work as a nickname, but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is too much of a boys name. Thomasain is just weird…

I wouldn’t recommend calling your daughter [name_u]Mason[/name_u] when it’s such a common boys name

I’m very partial to [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (bc it’s my chosen name), so I’d go with that with the nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]