Theodore vs. Tennessee???

deleted…

I can’t edit my post, but wanted to add that the child will be biracial. Hubby is white and I am black…

First question: [name]Martina[/name], are you currently living in [name]Tennessee[/name]? I like [name]Tennessee[/name] as a name as long as you aren’t living there. Then it’s just too cutesy, ya know? “[name]Tennessee[/name] from [name]Tennessee[/name]”. Other potential nicknames for [name]Tennessee[/name]: [name]Tenny[/name], Ess, [name]Essie[/name], Nes (Uncle’s nephew went by that. His name was [name]Nestor[/name]). But [name]Theodore[/name] is also a great classic name with a lot of options. [name]How[/name] do either of these potential names compare to his theoretical older brother’s name? Complimentary sibsets are always nice (and a consideration, I think). Of your four combinations I favor [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Aubra[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] if you live outside the state and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Aubra[/name] if you’re still in residence. All of your names are lovely and have special meaning to you, though, so I think you should go with your gut.

[name]Alexis[/name]

Personally, I think that not all places are meant to be names. Especially [name]Tennessee[/name]. Your [name]Theodore[/name] option is much nicer and classic, [name]IMO[/name].

I agree with the first poster. [name]Tennessee[/name] would be great as long as you don’t currently live in [name]Tennessee[/name].
Nickname options for this name could be [name]Tenn[/name], [name]Tenny[/name] and Ness (a la [name]Elliot[/name] Ness).

I really like [name]Aubra[/name] for a middle name and think that [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Aubra[/name] sounds great!

Thanks for the responses ladies! Yes, we are in TN now. We will probably be here for two years or so, and then we will move out of state. We will probably start our family around that time as well, so baby boy # 2 might not be born in TN.

[name]Tennessee[/name] all the way! It’s more unique, spunkier, seems to have a stronger personal connection for you, and it’s just such a cool name! [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] is so southern, while [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Aubra[/name] has a really ncie connection for you.