Theodore?

What do you guys think of the name [name]Theodore[/name]? My husband and I like it, but is too old-fashioned? Also, we can’t really agree on a nickname. I like “[name]Teddy[/name],” but my husband thinks it sounds a little effeminate. He made up the nicknames “Thud” and “[name]Thor[/name]” :slight_smile: Our daughter is [name]Reese[/name], and I think [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Reese[/name] sound cute together. Are there any other nicknames for [name]Theodore[/name]? Would it be ok for my husband and I to call him different nicknames or would that just confuse him?

Thanks!

I love [name]Theodore[/name]! It’s definitely a fantastic choice. Not overly common but still known and lovely. [name]Theo[/name] is cute! I like [name]Ted/name though, too. And [name]Theodore[/name] sounds nice with [name]Reese[/name]!

[name]Theodore[/name] is a wonderful name and I think it goes well with sister [name]Reese[/name]. To me, [name]Theodore[/name] is a strong and masculine name. It is old-fashioned but in a nice way (eg. it’s not like [name]Vernon[/name], [name]Melvin[/name] or [name]Milton[/name] which are names that are “dated” and out of step with other vintage names). :smiley: [name]Theo[/name] is my fave nn but [name]Teddy[/name] is cute too! As far as your DH’s nn choices are concerned, [name]Thor[/name] would be a better option than Thud :shock: although both are a bit macho for my taste! One nn is best to avoid confusion for your son ( either [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Theo[/name]). All the best!

[name]Theodore[/name] has been on my list for quite some time, and it seems to be one of those names which just about everyone likes. However, I was thinking the other day it’s starting to feel a bit… boring? It has a similar effect to [name]Benjamin[/name]; lovely, lengthy and classic, but becoming slightly dull.

It’s still a favourite of mine, and it is absolutely wonderful but I don’t know if I would ever use it.

Having said that, I think that you should go for it. [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Reese[/name] make a fabulous sibset!

[name]Theodore[/name] is a wonderful name. I’m not big on using nicknames, and I think [name]Teddy[/name] would soon be outgrown. [name]Theo[/name] would be strong and lasting, though.

I love the Name [name]Theodore[/name], this is on our name list, my 5 yr old ds was almost ‘[name]Teddy[/name]’ i went back and forth with his name for ages and it was the first name we put on our list for this LO, I think its sweet. I grew up knowing two [name]Teddy[/name]'s one was my great grandad and he was called [name]Teddy[/name] until the day he passed on. a guy I went to school also went by [name]Teddy[/name] and used it up until he graduated, now he mostly goes by [name]Ted[/name]. Either way its a great name.