Theone/ Theonie/ Theona

What do you think of these names? [name]How[/name] are you supposed to pronounce them? In my brain [name]Theone[/name] ends like [name]Simone[/name]… but I don’t think it supposed to :frowning: which is you favorite? Which if any is most usable?

Hmmm; I’d pronounce the first two versions in exactly the same way. THEE-oh-nee. Depending on the last name, I might say “tay-oh-nee” for the second – which would be a French pronunciation, though I’ve never seen this name before in any language. The third version is the most interesting, I think. As a rule, I really like -ona names, but something about this – maybe the closeness to [name]Fiona[/name] – is confusing. Also, I see the very masculine [name]Theon[/name] more clearly in this third version; it has a sci-fi feeling.
These are really interesting names, but I’m not sure they’re usable. [name]Theonie[/name] looks sweet on paper, but [name]Leonie[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] are better choices, I think.

i’m not even sure…and i’m not feeling any of these names…sorry…

• [name]Evelyn[/name]

I dont know about Theone but I can tell you Théonie would would have a silent H because “th” in French sounds like “T”. Also, the “é” is not quite a “AY” but maybe this is the best phonetic way to describe it? As a French speaker that throws me off for some reason.

Im willing to bet it sounds similar to “TEE oh nee” but the “oh and nee” sort of rush together (maybe someone else can explain this better what I can) Here is an examle of a “Théo” name in french Théophile Gautier pronunciation: How to pronounce Théophile Gautier in French because I am really bad with phonetic prn’s.

I looked up info and Théonie is pretty rare in France, Ive never heard or met anyone with the name so I could be wrong but that’s my guess.

This name is pretty common among Greek-Americans and they always pronounced it (thee-OH-nee); rhymes with [name]Leonie[/name]. I like [name]Theonie[/name] the best because that is what I’m most used to. I think it is kind of a cool name.

The only one I like is [name]Theona[/name]. It reminds me of [name]Leona[/name], and I like vintage names. I also adore [name]Thea[/name], so [name]Thea[/name] could be a nn for [name]Theona[/name].
[name]Theone[/name] looks like The [name]One[/name], and might also be pronounced like [name]Theonie[/name].

Tee-own-ee / [name]Tay[/name]-own-ee / Thee-own-ee / [name]Thay[/name]-own-ee

I have no idea. I like the look of that one more than [name]Theona[/name] or [name]Theone[/name].