These girl names with our surname?

Wow, you have all been so helpful. It seems like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is more often than not the favorite. And yes, [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is pronounced like the tennis player :slight_smile: It’s a great surname but I’m trying to soften it for a little girl.

Thanks all!!

Louisa Mae - Flow is okay, but maybe a little too “Louisa May Alcott.” If you like that association, go for it, (I would) but if you don’t want your daughter to be too associated with one person, I would recommend not using this.
Eleanor Mae - I love the flow here. Eleanor is a beautiful name, and it works really nicely with your last name. Just a note for all the “Mae” names: Mae is a very sterotypical middle name.
Frances Mae- I love Frances!! It works soo well with your last name, probably my favorite of all these combos.
Zoe Elizabeth - Zoe Elizabeth flows nicely; I really like this combo.

All of them are really really great, and I think your daughter would be happy with any of them.

Other suggestions to go with Mae:
Beatrice
Violet
Catherine/Katherine
Lucy
Lucille
Louise
Eloise

I’ve never been too concerned about how the first name sounds with the last for daughters because its probable that their surname could change someday. Unless the initials or sounds of the name together have some sort of negative association or could be made fun of. If you really love [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] I don’t see why you can’t use it.

([name_f]Edit[/name_f]) though [name_f]Zohara[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] sounds great with nn [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] sounds fine with your last name! That would be my first pick, followed by [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. I actually don’t love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] with your last name because of the repeated N sounds.

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for sure!

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m].

Zoe [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] works great! Also I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m].

Hands-down [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] sounds great!

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. However, I prefer [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] as a middle name.

Louisa [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

Louisa [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] would be beautiful too!

I really think [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] is wonderful!

I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Novak[/name_m] bc of the consonance (repetition of the N sound). Following that pattern, here are some potential girls names:

Jennifer [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Kenzi[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Donna[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]
[name_f]Kenna[/name_f] [name_m]Novak[/name_m]

Best of luck!

Louisa and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] are my favorites with [name_m]Novak[/name_m].

I love Louisa Mae because I not only adore those names but also Louisa May Alcott! Also, my best friend is named Zoe Elizabeth, and I think that’s beautiful. What excellent options!! I’m sure she’s been born by now, and must have a lovely name. :relaxed: