These Similar "L" Names...

Lately I’ve found myself attracted to these similar “L” names but I don’t think most of them (if any) are usable together. WDYT of them, and which work best with [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Arianne[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Magda[/name], [name]Eliska[/name], etc.? [name]Do[/name] you think more than one are usable in a sibset?

[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] (I love the meaning “the bright one” that I found on another name database… I haven’t found the same meaning for any longer [name]Lena[/name] names, but I do prefer it as a nn for something longer. I’m not sure what yet–I don’t exactly love [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Magdalena[/name]…)
[name]Leni[/name] (a nn for [name]Eleni[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], or maybe [name]Lenora[/name])
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lilibet[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] (as a nn for [name]Caroline[/name])
[name]Lydia[/name] (nn [name]Lydie[/name])

The [name]Lily[/name] names honor my grandmother who passed away in 2010, and [name]Liliana[/name] manages to honor both my grandmothers.

Thanks, ladies!

[name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] work the best with the other names, [name]IMO[/name]. I like [name]Leni[/name] as a nickname for [name]Eleni[/name] and [name]Helena[/name]. I don’t think any of them can really work well in a sibset together as most of them have the [name]LIL[/name] in the front. however, if you use [name]Leni[/name] as a nickname for something else, I think that could go with anything on there. And [name]Eleni[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] go well with the other names on the list.

I love:

[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]

I like:

[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Lilibet[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

I dislike/am neutral:

[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Leni[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]

Among [name]Lily[/name] names, I like [name]Liliana[/name]. I think [name]Lillian[/name] is quite similar to [name]Arianne[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name] is just so much more elegant and lovely to me. I really like [name]Lilibet[/name], too, but I don’t think it ages as well as [name]Liliana[/name]. Maybe you can call your little [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Lilibet[/name] sometimes? I think [name]Lilibet[/name] is so dollish, princessy and adorable on a little girl.

Also, [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Leni[/name] are recently growing on me, but as you mentioned, I would prefer those as nicknames for longer names. I think [name]Helena[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Milena[/name] and [name]Solena[/name] sound nice with your other favourite names.

[name]Lydia[/name] is the name I’m not so sure, but it goes well with your favourite names. [name]Lydie[/name] is really sweet and it kind of keeps the French theme since I guess [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Arianne[/name] are your top two favourites, right?

The ones I don’t like are [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] but mainly because of bad personal associations and [name]Lila[/name] seems very light (I don’t know how to explain) to me. It just doesn’t have “something” that your favourite names have.

Good luck!

lol, you think [name]Lillian[/name] is closer to [name]Arianne[/name] than [name]Liliana[/name] is? I always thought [name]Lillian[/name] might be better because it doesn’t have the [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] connection that so many of my favorites usually do ([name]Arianne[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annika[/name], etc.). I guess with the -an endings though it does make more sense.

I love the idea of [name]Lilibet[/name] as a nickname for [name]Liliana[/name], actually! I love [name]Lilibet[/name] but it just doesn’t seem to fit with my other favorites. Too fanciful, maybe, or cutesy? I can’t decide. I never thought about using it as a nn, though. My grandfather’s initials (well, name–he only had two initials) were L.B.–could [name]Lilibet[/name] as a nn be a subtle nod to him? I don’t know if it’s strong enough, urgh, but I can’t ever seem to make the actual initials LB work so I thought [name]Lilibet[/name] could be a nice nod to him…

I think it’s because I pronounce [name]Liliana[/name] like Liliahna. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? And [name]Lilibet[/name] could definitely honour your grandfather!

@fleurdelis - yes, I say [name]Liliana[/name] the same way. But still, it still has the [name]Ana[/name]/[name]Anna[/name] part in it, just like [name]Arianne[/name] has the [name]Anne[/name] part in it, so it was pretty close imo. Not as close as [name]Ariana[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name], but still…

My favorite of them all is Lila. I keep tossing it around for my own list. I like that Liliana honors both and I think it most closely matches your style. I don’t think it is too close to Arianne to make it unusable. I think that Lilibet would be a nice nod to your grandfather, but I just personally am not that fond of the name.

Anyone else?

I’m leaning toward keeping a [name]Lily[/name] name, [name]Lydia[/name], and a [name]Leni[/name] name, but I really love [name]Lola[/name] so much! I’m still torn on the [name]Lily[/name] name, though.

@dillonsfan01 - lol, I don’t really think I would use [name]Lilibet[/name] as a full name. It’s just too cutesy/fanciful to stand on its own, but I would probably use it as a cute nn if I used a [name]Lil[/name]- name like [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], or [name]Lilia[/name]… along with [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lila[/name], etc.

I like [name]Lola[/name]! You put in the original post as a nn for [name]Caroline[/name] and I think [name]Caroline[/name] would work well with the sibset. I don’t find it the most intuitive nn but it could work.

I find it more intuitive for [name]Charlotte[/name] (because “lo” is right in there) if you like it, and I think it would fit. But I know [name]Charlotte[/name] rubs some people the rong way.

It’s interesting you don’t like [name]Lena[/name] for [name]Magdalena[/name] since [name]Magda[/name] is another name on your list : D. What about [name]Magdalen[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name]? Other posters have put a few other [name]Lena[/name] options, I think [name]Marlena[/name] wasn’t there? I like it, although I’m not sure how well it hits.

Last night my husband decided he likes [name]Lily[/name], so I’ve been running through the other double L names, which he doesn’t care for : D. Always something!

I hope this is what you meant…
But I like
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lenora[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lilibet[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Violet[/name] sounds oldfasioned yet funky.

I wouldn’t use [name]Lena[/name] And [name]Leni[/name] or 2 [name]Lilly[/name] based names on siblings.

My fav are [name]Lily[/name] (without any variation) and [name]Lila[/name].

What about [name]Lena[/name] for [name]Helena[/name]?