Think we found our name!!!

So it’s been forever. I’ve been trying to find a name my fiancé and I both love!!! I think we finally found it…

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] “[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]” will be the little sister to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”!!! I think it’s just as beautiful as my [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]’s name!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

If I am being completely honest, [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] are very similar - 5 of the 6 letters are the same (with 2 of them swapped).

However, if both you and your fiancé love this name and feel like it’s the one, then that’s what matters! Use what you love! [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] are very cute together by the way.

Thanks. And yeah I know they can be similar. But they sound different. And we both love it. And my [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] knows her name so I don’t think she’ll get confused! And when I use the full name it’s usually with the middle name lol. But she is mostly [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] so [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] will mostly be [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] probably

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is- [name_f]Elle[/name_f] E [name_m]Ah[/name_m] Na
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] is - [name_m]Ah[/name_m] lane [name_m]Ah[/name_m]

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a beautiful name! Though I do agree that [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] is a little too similar to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] – at least, it would be for me. But if you love it and it feels like THE NAME, then you should absolutely use it! [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] are just adorable together. :smiley:

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] is very sweet - I’m glad you’ve found your name!!

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is so pretty! While [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] are similar, I don’t think too much so, and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] are very different anyway.

The bottom line is that you love it as much as you love [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]'s name. To me, that’s the most important thing. Flow between siblings is great, but that feeling is just unbeatable. Congratulations on finding something you love!

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love the nickname [name_f]Lainey[/name_f].

I guess my only thought is that my sister [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is FREQUENTLY (like 8 times out of 10) called “[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]” by teachers, doctors, etc. on first glance. Normally, I wouldn’t think the names are too similar, especially with nicknames [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f], but since she’s dealt with this for 13 years, it was my first thought when hearing the names together. I’m not sure if your [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] has this same experience.

Please don’t see this as my way of talking you out of [name_f]Alaina[/name_f]! I’m truly thrilled that you’ve found a name you both love.

I totally understand. Sometimes she is called [name_f]Elaina[/name_f] at doctors. But we just correct them! I don’t think you’re trying to talk me out of it. I know they are some what similar but I just love [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] and don’t think we will have a problem!! :slight_smile:

I have to agree with the others - they’d be too similar for me to use together but again, if you love it then that’s all that matters. Finding THE name is very exciting so congratulations!

To me, the sounds are very different, despite the visual similarities between the two names. The only problem I can see if if, as [name_u]Abby[/name_u] said, [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] ever gets confused for [name_f]Elaina[/name_f].

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] “[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]” is a lovely choice, congratulations on finding the one!

Thank you!!! I think we can get past people mispronouncing the name. We can just correct them.
I love [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] together. I love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]. And also [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_u]Laine[/name_u]! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] isa pretty name. While written it is similar to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], when spoken they are significantly different that I dont think it will cause many problems. They sound nice together, and the nicknames are cute too. With [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] going my [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] most if the time, there will be no confusion with [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] when spoken

Thank you!! Any one else!!!

Thank you very much!! :slight_smile: