Third baby and gender mystery!

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries! So I need your expert help.

I am prego with my third and need to go to the hospital with a girl and boy name that I love since we won’t be finding out this time.

My other children are named [name]Julia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Both[/name] have middle names nodding to family members and first names that are their very own.

I love [name]Annalise[/name] and [name]Bianca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] for a girl.

The issue is a male name. I would like to have [name]James[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]/[name]John[/name] as a middle name. I love [name]Oliver[/name] but worry about “OJ” being the nn. Any names that would jive with the sibs but also have it’s own sound?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Congrats on #3!

With [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], I would go with [name]Annalise[/name] for a girl from your list. I prefer the spelling [name]Annelise[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name] though (because I wouldn’t want anything close to anal!). [name]Annie[/name] would be a cute nn. [name]Bianca[/name] seems very different from the style of the other 2 names and I wouldn’t do [name]Josephine[/name] as a fn, because you already have [name]Julia[/name].

For a boy, I would use [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]-- I wouldn’t really worry about OJ as a nn. Most people probably won’t even know his mn. If you call him [name]Ollie[/name], he’ll probably go by that anyway.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the OJ initials if you really love [name]Oliver[/name]. And it goes well with your daughters’ names.

[name]Bianca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] are lovely, but I adore [name]Annalise[/name]!

Thanks to you both for advice! My hubs is currently very into [name]Issac[/name], which I like but might feel a little too Biblical for me. The nn [name]Ike[/name] is awesome though. I am sticking with [name]Oliver[/name]/[name]Elliott[/name]/[name]Luke[/name]/[name]Wyatt[/name]. I still think [name]Oliver[/name] goes best overall. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Annelise[/name](this spelling) goes the best with your girls’ names. I vote [name]Elliott[/name] for your boys name.

For the girl names, I like [name]Anneliese[/name] the best - love [name]Josephine[/name] but I think it is too close to [name]Julia[/name] and I really don’t care for [name]Bianca[/name] (sorry!). I’m not really all that crazy about any of them though, to be honest. But I think [name]Annalise[/name] is the best of those options. If I have time later I will come back to you with some suggestions. For boys I love [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] (gorgeous! don’t fret about the nn) and [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]James[/name].

There are few names my hubs and I agree on. He is now saying he hates [name]Oliver[/name]. Booo.

Our list goes [name]Henry[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Issac[/name]. All with [name]James[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] as mn.

I love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] best. I’ve always loved [name]Luke[/name] but [name]Lucas[/name] has become v. popular so there will be loads of [name]Lukes[/name] on the playgroud. [name]Henry[/name] is stylish but might be too old-fashioned for me. I like names that are part vintage and part modern. I also love [name]Liam[/name] but it’s in the top ten :frowning: Are there any other names in this vein that we have overlooked?

Good points about the spelling. I hadn’t even gotten that far but I agree with you. [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] just look prettier!

I actually know a little [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] who is called “OJ” from time to time. I think the [name]Simpson[/name] case has been out of the news for long enough you are safe, unless you worry he might think he is orange juice. :wink:
I love [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Annalise[/name] from your girls picks. The gender surprise is awesome, both my girls we found out at birth and there is nothing like it.

As a mom of an [name]Isaac[/name] I have to say that I love that name but admit that at one time it did sound too biblical for me. Somehow I heard it one day and it sounded fresh and handsome to me and then it was love. I do also adore [name]Oliver[/name] and had I not had 3 acquaintances use it, it would have been a strong contender. [name]Even[/name] though I adore [name]Henry[/name] I am hearing it a lot more. I think [name]James[/name] as a middle is a nice classic name that will match well with any of your choices. I also like and strongly considered [name]Elliot[/name]. [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] is a nice combo and I like “EJ”

As for your girl options, I am not crazy about any of your options though I love your current girls names. I think [name]Annie[/name] is so sweet but maybe as a nn for something else…? [name]Frances[/name]? Maybe some other ideas… [name]Edie[/name], [name]Odette[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Sybil[/name] (I adore this name lately though not sure if you would want another S name though you are considering another J name…), [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] with nn [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Bette[/name], Bitsy, [name]Libby[/name] or [name]Zibby[/name]??

As a mom of an [name]Isaac[/name] I have to say that I love that name but admit that at one time it did sound too biblical for me. Somehow I heard it one day and it sounded fresh and handsome to me and then it was love. I do also adore [name]Oliver[/name] and had I not had 3 acquaintances use it, it would have been a strong contender. [name]Even[/name] though I adore [name]Henry[/name] I am hearing it a lot more. I think [name]James[/name] as a middle is a nice classic name that will match well with any of your choices. I also like and strongly considered [name]Elliot[/name]. [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] is a nice combo and I like “EJ”

As for your girl options, I am not crazy about any of your options though I love your current girls names. I think [name]Annie[/name] is so sweet but maybe as a nn for something else…? [name]Frances[/name]? Maybe some other ideas… [name]Edie[/name], [name]Odette[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Sybil[/name] (I adore this name lately though not sure if you would want another S name though you are considering another J name…), [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] with nn [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Bette[/name], Bitsy, [name]Libby[/name] or [name]Zibby[/name]?? or perhaps [name]Claire[/name]…?

also, I know there are a lot of double L names these days but how about [name]Lilith[/name] or [name]Lillian[/name]…?

I love L names! I would love a girl’s name that I could use the nn [name]Libby[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name] with. I like a lot of your suggestions. Also, does your [name]Issac[/name] go by [name]Zach[/name] or [name]Ike[/name] for a nn? Thanks :slight_smile:

[name]Bianca[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name] would be fab with your other girls’ names! [name]Josephine[/name] is great< but I wouldn’t want two J names. Wyatt James is handsome.

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] is great, the choice of how many l’s & t’s can lead to misspellings which can be annoying.

To offer some options for a girl:

[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

[name]James[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]. I also like [name]Annalise[/name]!!