Third baby girl due soon

• River Rosemary
  • Juniper Penelope
  • Everly Lavender

0 voters

I’m 36 weeks and we have struggled for months with names. I have a Violet Elizabeth and Ivy Josephine. We have narrowed it down to 3. I like River even though it might not really go with my unintentional Victorian theme. I just think it’s so adorable. My husband likes Juniper a lot, I do too but I dislike June and Junie as nicknames. Everly is my least favorite first name because it’s so popular but I love it with the middle combo, it flows nicely to me. Please help, we are going to have a nameless baby soon. Last name is 1 syllable and very short.

i think River works really well with Violet and Ivy since they’re all nature names. Juniper is also lovely with Violet and Ivy but June and Junie feel pretty unavoidable as nicknames. do you like Juno as a nickname? you could probably push for that nickname if needed

if you don’t like Everly as much as River and Juniper, i don’t think it’s a good option for you. the flow of a combo matters much less than genuinely loving the name

I would just not use a nickname at all and stick with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. Everyone I know has said [name_u]River[/name_u] is a boy name so it has held me back even though I really like it.

River is number 186 for girls in the US, so it’s definitely a unisex name!

2 Likes

River is lovely :ocean::heart: If I were to recommend a name, I’d say Genevieve since it’s got that bouncy quality of Juniper and the “V” of Violet and Ivy. Your children have gorgeous names, by the way! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oo I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_u]River[/name_u] together. So gorgeous!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] gets my vote! It has the same sweet, upbeat botanical charm :herb:

I agree that [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is getting very popular and a little trendy, but if you love the combination, how about [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a first name? I think it’s an even better fit than your current options, which all feel a bit more modern than sweet vintage [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] also has the benefit of not shortening intuitively — I do think you might struggle to avoid [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Junie[/name_f] with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

5 Likes

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is wonderful!! [name_u]Pip[/name_u], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Jia[/name_f] or [name_u]Peri[/name_u] could be nicknames?

1 Like

With your sibset, I really like River. It shares the “V” sound with Ivy and Violet and they just sound like sisters. River Rosemary is the best alliteration.
Juniper is 2nd place for me. In terms of what I’d use for myself, typically I’d gravitate towards Juniper over River. Ivy, Violet, and Juniper is an awesome sibset, but in this case, I just feel like River works more perfectly. Juniper is still an amazing option.
You don’t seem to be very crazy about Everly, so I’m going to agree with the above posters that maybe it isn’t the best option. Everly Lavender is adorable though.

Yeah, I’m torn because none of the first name options seem the same style as [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and Ivy; they all feel more modern and unisex. I agree with the idea of [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a first, or a more traditional girls flower/nature name like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Fern[/name_u].

2 Likes

Would you consider [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]? I know it’s a bit popular in rankings but I think it depends on your region. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] would be sweet with sisters [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] feels the best from your list, but you should really love your daughter’s name!

Maybe you’d also consider:

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (Maeve Penelope!)
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] (or Willa!)

2 Likes

I second (3rd?) the suggestion of [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a first! It works beautifully with your older girls names (sweet, botanical, vintage, contains a ‘v’) I would go with a traditional shorter middle to balance out the longer middles but shorter firsts of your first two daughters. Something like
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

if you just don’t like it, my next vote would be [name_u]River[/name_u]. It’s definitely unisex and a much more modern than your other daughters names but follows the same pattern of a nature first name and a traditional middle, plus contains a ‘v’ like her sisters.

1 Like

I’d like to see another name with a V in it as a first name. And, with two such classic middles, I think you should follow with another in the same style. Perhaps something like…

Vi0let Eliz@beth, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] J0sephine and….

[name_f]Evanna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Eveline[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

Good luck with your decision.

Adding another one: [name_f]Olive[/name_f]!

Congrats!

With [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] my favourite is [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] I think she just works the best with your girls. Nicknames are unavoidable though so if your really anti June/Junie I would avoid. I was thinking though you could always go JP as a nickname? What do you think of JP? I actually really like it. I think [name_u]River[/name_u] feels too modern maybe too unisex even though I do adore [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] to me this name just doesn’t work that well. With [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] she’s too trendy in my eyes with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

I also want to jump on the bandwagon and suggest [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] in the first name slot. @katinka is a clever cookie honestly [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] in the first name slot would be awesome! [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is botanical, she has this [name_f]Victoriana[/name_f] vibe and like @katinka said she has the benefit of not shortening the name intuitively. Also I like that [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] & [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] are all connected by the v sound.

I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] would be lovely :purple_heart:

I think if it was me I would go [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and team [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] with something short & sweet like [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f] or [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

Good luck

2 Likes

I voted for [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] because it’s my favorite of the three, but if Junie/June as nicknames would really bother you, then I think [name_u]River[/name_u] would be a good choice! [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is my least favorite of these. I see [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] as a better style match with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u], I know it hasn’t made its comeback yet, but if you want to revive it, even [name_u]Beverly[/name_u].

Tl/dr: my personal favorite is [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], but I think [name_u]River[/name_u] sounds like the right choice for you.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] works the best? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a nickname option? If not I think it’s easy enough to stick with her full name and people and family should respect that.
I actually think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] would work really well as a first name with your other daughter’s names even though that’s not a first name option.

[name_u]River[/name_u], although unisex does feel very masculine to me. I think of [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u].

I agree with tori101 [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] seems like a much better match than [name_u]Everly[/name_u].

Vi0let Eliz@beth, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] J0sephine and…
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

Of these combos, I think [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] works the best! I love [name_u]River[/name_u] but it doesn’t quite match with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] imo, and I agree [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is too popular (I’ve met three in the last year). As a [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] who never went by a nickname, it’s possible to avoid [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Junie[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] make it clear to everyone that her name is [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], and if they don’t respect that, correct them. By the time I was 12, I did a pretty good job of making sure people called me [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and nothing else.

However, I do love the idea of [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a first. I love that each name would have a V in it. Plus, on the chance you had another baby, [name_u]River[/name_u] would fit very nicely with the [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]! I also love the suggestion of [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and Rose/Rosemary, with [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] being my favorite. Other suggestions:
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Aster[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
Bryony/Briony
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]

I think no matter what anyone says, you should go with your heart. Best of luck and many blessings :heart:

Juniper!!