This combo is too like the character right?

Sooo the name [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is in my top 2 right now and my partner keeps mentioning [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] also and how nice [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] sounds together and honestly all I can think of is [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] Diggory… Am I right?? :joy:

I am not put off by [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] as a first name, just the fact that I think [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is too HP 🧙🏼‍♂️

[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] indeed sounds similar to [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] but I don’t think that should be a reason not to use the name, unless you are very bothered by it yourself.

3 Likes

I am not particularly bothered but I feel like (eventually, when we get a third baby on board, that is, and if they are a boy) a lot of our family and friends may be like “oh [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] Diggory” lol

Yes, I think some people might point it out but only when they first hear the name, after that [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] should be different enough to let go of the association.

4 Likes

I don’t reliably know where the character [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] comes from or if he’s a villain or not… so I say go for it with [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!

1 Like

I do think that it sounds similar, but I would say it doesn’t have to be a dealbreaker. But, if it’s off-putting to you that people might think that, though, I will say the similar cadence does bring it to mind.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re too similar!

1 Like

Wow I honestly thought berries would be like yes, this is too similiar lol

I think it’s different enough to be usable, but agree with others that some are likely to make the connection, especially at first. But it’s a nice combo and not a terrible association! I think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] brings some freshness and fun to [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], which feels distinguished and historic.

1 Like

I am wondering if two middles would work.
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] might make it less [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] then. :smiley:

[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] would also mean " kind, handsome friend" I mean :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think it would only be a problem if the surname was [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!

1 Like

A good point. Our surname does have an Ie ending though. But our surname sounds nothing like [name_m]Diggory[/name_m].

I think HP fans would make the [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] connection without [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], more just from [name_m]Cedric[/name_m]. [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] doesn’t sound too much like the character though and it’s a gorgeous name

2 Likes

[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] doesn’t seem too close to [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] to me. I wouldn’t have even thought of it if you had not mentioned it!

1 Like

I think it’s more the amount of syllables in [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] that is leading to the similarity, just has a similar cadence when spoken. Otherwise I don’t think they’re similar at all. Fans will most likely just associate [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] with [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] and it won’t matter what middle you choose to go with it. So if you love the sound of [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] go for it, it’s very handsome!

1 Like