This Needs To Stop

I’m okay with names like [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_m]Bear[/name_m] etc. but some people take this too far.

A child should not be called ‘[name_u]Leaf[/name_u]’. I’m sorry if that’s offensive but a child cannot grow up with that name.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a friendly reminder to keep the discussion nice and hateless.
People are entitled to have opinions different from yours.

I also just wanted to add, a lot of individuals on Nameberry are too young to have children. Instead, we make combos using names we like. These are usually combos we make for our own enjoyment and would not be using on a real child.

I’m not even a fan of [name_u]Leaf[/name_u], but honestly, as long as a name isn’t offensive who gives a crap? Smh

This. Most of what you see in user signatures is just for fun.

Are you for real? Lol.

Why do you even care? Honestly? Does it harm you in anyway?

What needs to stop is people posting on name forums acting like a savior for the children of the future against “unacceptable” names. Get a grip.

And why do you think your entitled to decide which names are acceptable and unacceptable??? People can name their children whatever they want!!! You need to mind your own business!

If [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is acceptable, why not [name_u]Leaf[/name_u]? The name [name_m]Leif[/name_m] has a lot of history. I understand it’s your opinion, but you don’t get to decide the line between acceptable and unacceptable names.

The only thing that needs to stop is people thinking they are above anyone else to dictate what someone should or should not name their child.

Not your circus, not your monkey.