This or That? (lightning polls!)

Here are a few of our very top combos pitted against one another. This is for our third boy name (see namecard for older brothers).

• [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]

0 voters

• [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] Rubeus
  • Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]

0 voters

• [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u]

0 voters

• [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

0 voters

• [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Julien[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

0 voters

Finally, which first names do you think we should keep on our short list?

• [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Corentin[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Julien[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m]
  • Rubeus
  • [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

0 voters

As always, your thoughts are appreciated! Thanks, Berries!

I voted for:
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - I like the length and grandeur of [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] with your other boys
Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] - This was close, but I think the flow is slightly better here
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] - Both are great options, I just like the sound of this one a little more
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] just makes me think of quarantine now, sorry
[name_m]Julien[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] - I’m not really a fan of [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] and I think the ‘s’ sounds run together a bit

First names I really like for you:
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Julien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m a big fan of [name_m]Julien[/name_m] or [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] as the first name.

The one name I would take off your shortlist is [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] all I could see what Nicoderm the nicotine patch and it kept throwing me off as a result.

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] are fantastic

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], and [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Totally love [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], [name_m]Corentin[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] and [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] for you!

I adore the name [name_u]Jules[/name_u], and I definitely think it’s doable with your boys despite its length, but the above names just seem to fit much more seamlessly and I know sibset cohesion is important to you.

I hesitated over [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] because it is a lot of name, but I think if any family can pull it off, yours can! Nickname [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] or [name_m]Oz[/name_m] plus a short, simple middle name would really bring it down to earth.

[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute top picks for you: [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] so much! They both seem like such perfect brothers to H & A.
I also really like [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Lucien[/name_m], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], and [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Meridian[/name_u] too, but I think it would make a better middle!

1 Like

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:2, topic:338624”]
[name_m]Corentin[/name_m] just makes me think of quarantine now, sorry
[/quote]
:sob:
Sad but I hadn’t thought how similar they sound

:cry:
Not sure this one throws me off as much, but still I hadn’t considered this.

Of my current top 5, DH would choose [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] tomorrow in a heartbeat, so that may well end up the name of another little boy.

:relaxed: :blush:
I really love [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and feel it is about as down to earth as I could bring [name_m]Oz[/name_m] but my husband vetoes anything [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] is the only one I’ve got him sort of on board with. I thought [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] also might work.

I think I’m agreed, currently.

Thank you everyone for your responses (keep them coming). This thread is making me hope with all my might that we might have another boy because I LOVE our boy options and I just can’t seem to sort the girls. Hoping in the best way that one of these options might see the light of day. :green_heart:

1 Like

Yes, love this.

2 Likes