This or that to help me sort my list

Here are some similar names I have on my list. Help me sort them down. I know they may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s okay. Which one?

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name]

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name]- [name]Abram[/name]. [name]Abraham[/name] just seems like a bit too much name to me, but [name]Abram[/name] is one of my favorites.
[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name]- [name]Cash[/name], but barely, and I prefer both as nicknames. I do like both, though. You might also like [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name])
[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name]- No strong preference, probably [name]Cyrus[/name] if forced to pick.
[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name]- [name]Zebedee[/name]! I love this name! It may not be terribly wearable, but it’s so upbeat and fun sounding. It’s one of my favorite guilty pleasure names. I don’t have the guts to use it myself, but I’d love to meet a [name]Zebedee[/name].
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name]- I really like both. I think [name]Zaccheus[/name] sounds a bit fuller, but I ever so slightly prefer [name]Zeke[/name].
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name]- [name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Abraham[/name] - probably. [name]Abram[/name] looks so incomplete to me, but if you would use the nn [name]Bram[/name] (which I would!), I think [name]Abram[/name] makes more sense.
[name]Nash[/name] - [name]Cash[/name] has always sounded… well, sorta greedy, haha. I prefer [name]Ash[/name] to them both, though!
[name]Silas[/name] - I absolutely adore both but the Biblical story of [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Paul[/name] singing in prison absolutely boosts [name]Silas[/name] to the top spot for me!
[name]Zebedee[/name] - I don’t know that either Biblical association is fabulous ([name]Zebulon[/name] was a tribe of [name]Israel[/name], I believe–don’t know much about the tribe, or the original [name]Zebulon[/name], but the children of [name]Israel[/name] were known for their childish and sort of petulant ways in the wilderness… [name]Zebedee[/name] was the father of two of [name]Jesus[/name]’ disciples, I believe–both of who asked [name]Jesus[/name] to put them at his right and left hand! They eventually learned humility and what [name]Jesus[/name]’ mission was all about, but neither Biblical association is particularly great, imo.), but I do think [name]Zebedee[/name] sounds pretty cool, and I do really like [name]Zeb[/name] as a nn!
[name]Zeke[/name] - although I prefer [name]Ezekiel[/name], [name]Zeke[/name] is just so punchy, fun, and striking! I would love to meet a [name]Zeke[/name]. [name]Zaccheus[/name] does have a great association for me, although I like [name]Zachariah[/name] more.
[name]Quincy[/name] - I’m not a huge fan of just [name]Quinn[/name] for either gender, I’m afraid. I love [name]Quincy[/name] on a boy, and for some reason, the relation to [name]John[/name] [name]Quincy[/name] [name]Adams[/name] appeals to me, even though I know next to nothing about him. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I would choose:

[name]Abraham[/name] - Only because [name]Abram[/name] makes me think of the guy from Road Rules, who I found irritating.
[name]Nash[/name] - It sounds more like a name than [name]Cash[/name] to me.
[name]Silas[/name] - [name]One[/name] of my absolute favorite names. [name]Cyrus[/name] is nice but [name]Silas[/name] rocks!
[name]Zebulon[/name] - [name]Zebedee[/name] just feels a bit off for me, don’t know how to explain it other than that.
[name]Zeke[/name] - I’d prefer it as a nickname, but it still beats [name]Zaccheus[/name] for me.
[name]Quinn[/name] - A close call, I like both quite a bit, but [name]Quinn[/name] feels stronger.

[name]Quincy[/name], [name]Nash[/name], [name]Zeke[/name] and…[name]Bram[/name] :wink:

[name]Abram[/name], [name]Cash[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Zeke[/name], [name]Quinn[/name]. I don’t like [name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name].

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cash[/name] – don’t like either though
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name] – don’t like either
[name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Abram[/name] - seems more approachable, [name]Abraham[/name] is a lot of name
[name]Nash[/name] - seems more like a name where [name]Cash[/name] feels more like a word
[name]Silas[/name] - I like them both though
[name]Zebedee[/name] - NMS but [name]Zebulon[/name] seems extraterrestrial of something.
[name]Zaccheus[/name] - Its ok, I have a real problem with [name]Zeke[/name] though
[name]Quinn[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]!

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Zaccheus[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name] - [name]Abraham[/name]. It just sounds more complete!
[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name] - [name]Cash[/name]. Reminds me of [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name], which give it a really cool feel, to me.
[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name] - [name]Silas[/name]. [name]Cyrus[/name] sadly just reminds me of [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name], and [name]Silas[/name] has been popular for a while where I live, so I’m pretty used to it.
[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name] - [name]Zebedee[/name]. [name]Zebulon[/name] makes me think of galaxies and stuff, for some reason.
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name] - [name]Zeke[/name]. [name]Just[/name] looks more right to me.
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name] - [name]Quincy[/name]. I think [name]Quinn[/name] sounds better as a girls name.

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Zaccheus[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Zaccheus[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] (I love this but husband said no ;/)

[name]Abraham[/name] - I have no idea why I love this name so much! I think it’s really quite lovely.
[name]Cash[/name] - [name]Both[/name] are a little too country for me, but [name]Nash[/name] seems too close to gnash for me, and I do enjoy [name]Cash[/name] on a girl.
[name]Silas[/name] - I don’t really like either, but [name]Silas[/name] seems better for some inexplicable reason. I also don’t like the sound of -rus.
[name]Zebedee[/name] - I like biblical names. I like them a lot. Which is odd because I’m not even christian…
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name] - I prefer [name]Zaccheus[/name] as a name, but I prefer [name]Zeke[/name] to the shortened [name]Zach[/name]. That could just be because I’ve grown attached to a literary child of mine named [name]Zeke[/name]…
[name]Quincy[/name] - I don’t get why [name]Quinn[/name] is becoming so popular, I quite dislike it. I think [name]Quincy[/name] has more spunk and history to it, but it’s still nms.

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

Thank you, everyone! This has really been a lot of help!

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
Sulas
[name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name] - TBH, neither, sorry.
[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name] - Not even close [name]IMO[/name], haha.
[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name] - Neither, sorry.
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name] - But I’d prefer it as a nn for [name]Ezekiel[/name].
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name] - Could always use the nn [name]Quinn[/name] for [name]Quincy[/name].

[name]Abram[/name], [name]Nash[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Zebedee[/name], [name]Zeke[/name], and [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Quinn[/name] is my favorite!

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name] - I like both, [name]Abram[/name] doesn’t have “ham” in it, and its shorter and crisper. So I give it the slight lead. I like [name]Bram[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name] - [name]Nash[/name], I think, but [name]Cassius[/name] (pronounced cash-us) would beat either.

[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name] - [name]Cyrus[/name], I think. I’m not sure. I love both.

[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name] - [name]Zebulon[/name], hands down.

[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Zeke[/name]. But really I think of [name]Zeke[/name] as a NN. It beats [name]Zaccheus[/name] but it wouldn’t have beat [name]Zacharias[/name].

[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name] - [name]Quinn[/name]! Easily.

[name]Abraham[/name] or [name]Abram[/name]- [name]Abraham[/name]… you can always use [name]Bram[/name] as a nn… [name]Abram[/name] just seems like someone mispronounced abraham
[name]Cash[/name] or [name]Nash[/name]- I prefer [name]Nash[/name] out of these two BUT i love [name]Cassius[/name] with the nn [name]Cash[/name]!
[name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name]- I love both but [name]Cyrus[/name] wins by just a little! the nn [name]Cy[/name] is my fave!
[name]Zebulon[/name] or [name]Zebedee[/name]- I guess [name]Zebedee[/name]… Im not a fan of either but zebulon sounds like an alien from a sci-fi movie!
[name]Zeke[/name] or [name]Zaccheus[/name]- [name]Zaccheus[/name]!
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quincy[/name]- [name]Quinn[/name]… when i hear [name]Quincy[/name] i think [name]Jones[/name]… so [name]Quinn[/name]!!!

My faves OVER ALL are [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]!