This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

[name]Kaylin[/name]/[name]Cailin[/name] is so very trendy and [name]Josephine[/name] is so antique, they make an odd pair. Personally I think [name]Josephine[/name] is very nice, I’d keep that and rethink my first name option. Sorry. I just think [name]Kaylin[/name] is going to sound dated in 10 years. I guess a rule of thumb is, if tooling the spelling of a name is an issue, you’ve got a trendy name idea and that is not a good thing.

I second [name]Pomme[/name]. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote a great blog entry about mega names, which may interest you. [name]Kaylin[/name] reminds me of the [name]Jaylin[/name]/[name]Braylin[/name], [name]Raelyn[/name]/Shaelynn etc. trend, which may or may not be an issue for you. [name]Cailin[/name]/[name]Kaylin[/name] is also extremely close to the uber trendy [name]Kaitlynn[/name], [name]Katelyn[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name], etc.

What about [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Cora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]?

[name]Kate[/name] could be another substitue for the [name]Kay[/name]-- names, and I think [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds lovely. :slight_smile: (The classic [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] may appeal to you, too, although they don’t work with [name]Josephine[/name].)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I too like the “[name]Cailin[/name]” spelling better. If that’s your top choice I think you should go for it. I do agree that the name styles of “[name]Cailin[/name]” and “[name]Josephine[/name]” don’t mesh as well as another pairing might. Maybe check out the hot lists and find a more “modern” version of [name]Josephine[/name]? Good luck.

I like the [name]Cailin[/name] spelling also. I also like when people pair trendy and traditional first and middle names. That is obviously just my opinion, but it is what I have chosen to do with my daughter. I think if you like the name [name]Cailin[/name] you should definitely use it, I think it is a very sweet name!

I don’t like names like [name]Kaylin[/name] and [name]Cailin[/name]. But some people really like names like that. It is interesting to think about the yooneek names of many years ago, and how they sound now:
e.g. [name]Darlene[/name]
I don’t want to list any more because there may be a poster with that name, and I don’t want to offend anyone.

[name]CAILIN[/name]!

This spelling at least feels less trendy to me and I happen to really like the name, although it sounds like I might be in the minority.

I would choose [name]Kaylin[/name], my mom’s name is [name]Kaelynn[/name] pronounced kae-[name]LYNN[/name]. I think that is pretty, but I would go with [name]Kaylin[/name]

[name]Matt[/name] Kenseth (a NASCAR driver) and his wife just had a baby girl and named her [name]Kaylin[/name] [name]Nicola[/name].

I have a friend who spells her daughter’s name [name]Caelin[/name]. I think that spelling is prettier and a little more different than the other two.