Thomasin nns?

Hey all!

I’ve completely fallen head-over-heels for Miss [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] lately, and my partner loves her too! I think she’s a great match for my top girl name [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], and I love her kind of edgyness and old-timeyness! (Pronouncing her as TOM-uh-sin)

However, the issue: the most obvious nn, [name_u]Tommie[/name_u], would just not work. I have a close cousin named [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] who goes exclusively by [name_u]Tommy[/name_u], so it would just be far too confusing.

That being said, what are some other nns for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]? I suggested Maisie/Masie, but my partner said it sounded too much like a dog name. I also do not love [name_f]Sisi[/name_f].

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to be as stretchy / creative as you’d like!

As a bonus: If anyone has sibling ideas for [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (August) & [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] (Your nn), I’d love to hear those too!!

Thanks so much all :green_heart:

I’d go with [name_f]Oma[/name_f] or Masi or maybe even [name_u]Senna[/name_u] or Innie?

1 Like

thomasin + augusta are lovely together!

for a nn, maybe…
minnie
annie / ann
may
tete (like cece?)

or for more of a stretch…
ottie
indie

1 Like

@cms1512

Ooh I love [name_u]Senna[/name_u], thank you!!

@amalfi

Omg [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] are great ideas!! I’m thinking, if I can get away with [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], maybe I could get away with Minnow… thanks again!!

1 Like

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] nn…

[name_f]Tansy[/name_f] / [name_f]Tansi[/name_f]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_m]Taz[/name_m] / Tas
Tassie
[name_f]Taisie[/name_f]

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ‘August’, [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] ‘Tansy’ and…

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ‘Billie’
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] ‘Mars’
[name_f]Georgette[/name_f] ‘Jette’
[name_f]Romola[/name_f] ‘Romy’
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] ‘Liv’
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] ‘Bo’
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m] ‘Rio’
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] ‘Finn’

1 Like

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is so cute! I’ve met a few human Maisie’s, but no dogs and it doesn’t sound like a dog name to me.

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] nn…
[name_u]Mo[/name_u]
[name_u]Ossie[/name_u] / [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u]
[name_f]Sia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hassie[/name_f]

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ‘August’, [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] ‘Hassie’ +…
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] ‘Romy’
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] ‘Winnie’ or ‘Wynn’
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ‘Goldie’

1 Like

[name_f]Macy[/name_f]
Tess/Tessie/Tessa
[name_f]Tina[/name_f]
[name_u]Mina[/name_u]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tammy[/name_f]

1 Like

@Greyblue

Thank you so much!! I actually really love [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], and the sibling name suggestions are great!!

@LeafTree

Thank you! [name_u]Ossie[/name_u] is super cute, and I love the idea of the girls with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (Goldie) and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] (Romy)!! So sweet :slight_smile:

@sammaegre

Thank you so much!! [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] are lovely ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] (traditionally a short form of Thomasina) or just [name_m]Tam[/name_m]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] - if you are Australian - Timtam :slight_smile:
Also: [name_f]Missy[/name_f] or [name_f]Misty[/name_f] or [name_f]Mitzy[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] Tizzy!

1 Like

the first thought that came in my head was essie, because when said quickly in talking it kind of comes out like “TOM-ess-in”

and

augusta, thomasin, +

lucilla - ‘lucy’
dorothea - ‘dot’
theodora - ‘thea’
helena - ‘leni’
anthea - ‘thea’
louisa - ‘lucy’
antonia - ‘annie’

I like Massie or [name_f]Mazzy[/name_f]!

Tomy
[name_u]Maxi[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessie[/name_f]
Sissi / [name_f]Sisi[/name_f]
[name_f]Mimi[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
Tamsy
[name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_f]Sini[/name_f], it’s a pretty girls name too & means “blue” in Finnish.