Thomasina

I really love [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], but only as a middle. I think it’s so cute and unique. What do you think of it?

I work with a lady in her 50’s named [name_f]Tommi[/name_f], short for [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]. I think it’s cute and charming! I also know of someone who used this and called their daughter [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]. I’m not as much of a fan of that, but it does go to show there are several nickname options. I think it is a great way to honor a [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] andor even if not, I think it would be lovely as a middle.

[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] is lovely, and I love the nickname [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]! I know a girl named [name_f]Tomasa[/name_f] that goes by Massie, I think that nickname is very wearable in the midst of the surname trend.

It’s a nice name, but I would only use it as a middle.

I love the name [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], but I don’t like [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] (sorry!). It just seems overwhelming to the eye; however, if you are able to find a first name that flows perfectly with it, I’m sure it would be lovely as a middle name! :slight_smile:

I am a bit biased because there is an unpleasant character in a story I’m writing called [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], but I’m not all that fond of the name. It seems a bit haughty to me. I much prefer [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] would be fine as a middle, or with a good nickname!

[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] feels very steampunk to me, and sort of larger-than-life. It’s simultaneously nerdy, aristocratic, and Victorian. It’s not the most wearable feminization out there, but I love it in the middle spot. Also, [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] is a great nn.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],
Although I love [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] I don’t really like [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]. It sounds like it’s too desperate to be female almost like [name_f]Thomasette[/name_f] or Thomasetta. Actually I quite like Thomasetta now I think of it :flushed:
Anyway I hope I helped

[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] :rose:

Agreed. I’ve really been crushing on [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] lately, and just added it to my list, but I’ve never found [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] all that attractive. It’s just too strongly attached to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] for me. Some feminizations, like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], or [name_f]Adamina[/name_f], seem to work really well as girls’ names. I don’t even remember the connection to their male counterparts, half the time, and the other half, it’s only a loose connection. They don’t “feel” masculine to me. But [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] is much like [name_f]Jamesina[/name_f] or [name_f]Benjamina[/name_f] for me–it just seems like a boys’ name with an “ina” tacked on the end. I still think of [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (or [name_u]James[/name_u], or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]) more than I am able to see them as feminine names in their own right. I do love [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], though–I would just use it on its own, but I think it’s a lovely nn for [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], too. I have come across a couple combos I like with it, though–I feel like I’ve seen the combo [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] around here somewhere, and I think that’s lovely. [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] is lovely, too, if a bit long. :slight_smile:

Ridiculous! Sorry, just being honest. Its not usable, AT ALL. Not even as a middle. And as for [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] as a nickname? [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] is not a nickname! It is a completely different name that is capable of use on its own. It doesnt even sound like [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] use [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] itself. A nickname is supposed to be short and sweet wheras that isnt. Sorry. Truthful.

I adore the name [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]! But then again, I have a soft spot for feminizations, as my own name is one. I love the nickname [name_m]Tommie[/name_m]. I also like [name_f]Timothea[/name_f] and [name_f]Jamesina[/name_f].

Actually , [name_f]Tasmin[/name_f] DID originate as a derivative of [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]. Look it up. :frowning:

I thought it was odd until I met one. Wow! Changed my mind completely! She’s in her mid twenties, and mainly goes by her full name, but her husband and our mutual friend call her [name_u]Massey[/name_u]. The name suites her well. She’s very sweet, eccentric (in a good way), and very graceful. She says it more like Tow-mah-see-na, not like [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]-see-nah.

My favorite nn for [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] is [name_f]Sina[/name_f]. What do you think of that?

I think it’s great! Totally useable as a middle, a daring yet down-to-earth first. I think it’s like hipster nerd chic mid century meets worldly sexy exotic. I think as a middle it adds weighty sophistication to something really short or ultra girly.

Oh, and Tassy could be cute. Maybe even [name_u]Taffy[/name_u], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], Tudy, [name_f]Sina[/name_f]…

[name_f]Sina[/name_f] is cute. For some reason I have a hard time saying it in its own so I’d opt for Sia instead. [name_f]Tami[/name_f] is cute to me as well.

I actually have it on my girl’s list along with [name_f]Francina[/name_f]. I’ve always loved [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]! My reason is not only that [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is a family name, so it is close to my heart but I love the nn [name_f]Sina[/name_f], Cina or Seena. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] is exceptionally endearing.

She’s on my own lists, and I’m thrilled to see her getting a little love in the forums :).