Thought of a new girl's name, wanted to hear your thoughts

So I’ve posted before about naming my daughter [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] with the nickname [name]Frankie[/name]. [name]Every[/name] time I mention it to people it seems as thought they like [name]Frankie[/name] better than [name]Fiona[/name]! I’m not letting them sway me, but it got me thinking. My husband’s name is [name]Frank[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], so I could possibly do [name]Frankie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] as the middle. Is this a silly idea? [name]Just[/name] because if she doesn’t look or feel like a [name]Fiona[/name] I want a backup. So here it goes, what do you like better:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

[name]Frankie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

Or a different middle for [name]Frankie[/name]

I love hearing your feedback so much! Thanks berries!!

Is [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] an option?
[name]Will[/name] it be a problem having 2 Frankies in the house? She could be [name]Franny[/name] instead.
I really like [name]Frankie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. My friends have just had a baby girl called [name]Francesca[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name].

Two [name]Frankie[/name]'s could pose a problem. Something to think about.

I love [name]Francie[/name] as a [name]Frances[/name] nickname. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] I am not sure why you are getting a muted response to it.
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name] or [name]Francie[/name] is great.
I wouldn’t just use [name]Frankie[/name] (or [name]Francie[/name], really), too nicknamey and boyish.

Is there a reason why [name]Frances[/name] can’t be the first name, with the nn [name]Frankie[/name]? I think of [name]Frankie[/name] as being a little cutesy, less professional looking than [name]Frances[/name], so I would personally use the full name on the birth certificate as something to fall back on. And why not [name]Frances[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]? [name]Just[/name] flip it. I think it has a lovely flow.

I don’t see a problem with a [name]Frankie[/name] and a [name]Frank[/name]. No one would call a girl [name]Frank[/name], and one is as decidedly masculine sounding as the other is feminine. I think it would be fine. [name]Haven[/name]'t families had a [name]John[/name] and [name]John[/name] [name]Jr[/name]. (etc.) for centuries? No one says anything about that.

I wouldn’t name a girl ‘just’ [name]Frankie[/name]. I think it would be nice for her to have other options, [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name].

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is amazing. And if she doesn’t like [name]Frankie[/name] she can be Cecci, Cecca, Cesca, [name]Fran[/name] etc

I would just name her [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name], and call her [name]Frankie[/name].

Nothing wrong with [name]Fiona[/name] really but if you’re not going to use it (and call her not just the MN but a NN of the MN) you don’t even get the distinctive [name]Fiona[/name] to distinguish from father [name]Frank[/name] because everyone will know her as [name]Frankie[/name] in any case.

[name]Frances[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] are underused as firsts, [name]IMO[/name].

I like [name]Fiona[/name] but if I heard someone say they were going to name her [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] but call her [name]Frankie[/name], I’d assume [name]Frances[/name]/[name]Frankie[/name] was the one they really liked and they just had to use [name]Fiona[/name] somewhere for some reason. That might be the cause for getting the love for the one you intend to use?

I MUCH prefer [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. What a gorgeous name! If you really want to do [name]Frankie[/name], I suggest using [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], (as above poster said.) It gives the option of the more sophisticated [name]Frances[/name] in case she ever gets tired of [name]Frankie[/name].

I am not against boys names on girls, but then you have beautiful feminine choices like [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Frances[/name].

I didn’t like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] until I said it out loud. It’s pretty cute!

I would name her [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], or [name]Francesca[/name] _____. My personal favorite is [name]Francesca[/name], though I think [name]Fiona[/name] is the best option for you.

It may be confusing for your husband’s name to sound so similar to your daughters name if you name her [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (though that is a beautiful name). I have some experience with this myself. My dad’s name and my name begin with the same sound. His name is one syllable (similar to your husband’s name), and my name is two syllables (similar to your daughter’s potential name, [name]Frances[/name]). Often it was confusing if someone in our home was calling for my dad or me. Something to think about.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is adorable. I usually don’t like alliteration, but I could go with this.

[name]Frankie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is something I don’t like. I would want a more serious or formal name to use at work or school if I didn’t want to be just [name]Frankie[/name]. [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is really pretty, but I find issue with sharing a name so similar to her father. If they both go by [name]Frankie[/name], it’s bound to be confusing.

I say go with [name]Fiona[/name] Fracnes, but if she doesn’t look or feel like a [name]Frances[/name] to you, go with [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

• [name]Athena[/name]

I like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Frances[/name] best.

I personally don’t care for the whole 2 of the same/very similar names in the same household (or even family) just because it can get super confusing. My sisters and I have very different names and our mom still calls us all each others names all the time so I can imagine what it would’ve been like if our names had all started with the same letter or sounded the same! Of course, that’s just my opinion! I tend to go towards the less confusing options! :slight_smile: