Thought we'd settled for Lilac......

But I’m having second thoughts… I’ve noticed people pronounce it in a very harsh way like Lie-[name]LAC[/name] with a real emphasis on the [name]LAC[/name] which I think makes it sound really ugly…

HELP! We have 9 weeks left…

Maybe you should go with [name]Lilah[/name]? [name]Lilah[/name] is a beautiful name, and seems to have the sound you’re going for without any harshness.

Of course, [name]Lilah[/name] is not a flower name - would you prefer another flower name instead?

Are you looking for other floral names, other L names, or …?
[name]Lilac[/name] is pretty, I can’t imagine putting an emphasis on the 2nd syllable!

I wanted to name my daughter [name]Lilac[/name] but her father being a native spanish speaker could not say it. So we named her lilac in spanish which is [name]Lila[/name] pronounced [name]LEEla[/name]. Its very easy to say and we are happy with the name. The only problem is that many girls are named [name]Lilah[/name] pronounce LIEla so I have to correct a lot of people.You could always name her [name]Lilac[/name] and for short call her lila.

Thank you for your replies…
The name doesn’t have to be a flower name or start with L. We like femenine sounding names though…We were also considering [name]Lila[/name], [name]Ariella[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Amaia[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] (partner doesn’t like tallulah or [name]Pearl[/name] though)…

I may still use [name]Lilac[/name], I think most people will pronounce right…??

What about [name]Lilac[/name] as a mn?

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? I say Lie [name]Lac[/name]

If you have concerns about [name]Lilac[/name], what about [name]Lilias[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], or [name]Camilla[/name]?

Other ideas:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] (reminds me of [name]Lilac[/name] backwards)
[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]