thoughts about Dexter

I asked about [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] a year or two ago but I wanted to hear people’s current thoughts. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know any Dexters? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know how they feel about their name? What are your thoughts?

I knew a [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] in college and he went by [name_m]Dax[/name_m] as a nickname. I like the nickname, but the original name makes me think of a nerdy type guy.

We have been looking for an uncommon boy name that starts with a D. I considered [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]. I like the name itself, but I can’t get past the TV show. I didn’t want people to think we named our son after a murderer :confused:

It makes me think muderer! Nerdy murderer… Such a shame (for me) because it’s a good name!

I have never met one, but I think the name is really cute! Also, I think it gives lots of NN options for an adult.

I love [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]! I don’t have any negative associations. I don’t know any in real life. I know of a musician named [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_u]Holland[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]! It’s pretty popular here in the UK, so I know a couple of littl’uns. I find it cute on a child, and strong for an adult. It’s a really great name.

I really like [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], though it’s not a name I’d use myself because of the TV show association.

It’s the tv show, even though I have never watched it, that causes me a big hesitation. I also get a slight feel of a nerdy guy. But I also get a strong, rugged feel. The nickname [name_m]Dex[/name_m] adds more charm.

I think it’s totally nerdy! but in a good way. Geek-chic, I’d call it. I love it.

I agree that the nickname [name_m]Dex[/name_m] makes it more approachable and less nerdy. [name_m]Dex[/name_m] is just cool.

Any other opinions/thoughts?

I don’t know anyone with the first name [name_u]Dexter[/name_u].

I knew a guy with then last name [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] & everyone teased him calling him Pointdexter or Poindexter or whatever.

Isn’t there a tv show about a murderer named [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]??