Thoughts about Kellan

See the results of this poll: What is your impression of the name Kellan (boy)?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• It seems unique, fresh, masculine, and sexy. : 26 (47%)
  • This is definitely a girl’s name. Very unisex sounding. : 4 (7%)
  • Don’t really have an opinion about it. Neither love it or hate it.: 25 (45%)

[name_m]Kellan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is very handsome. I think the 2 syllables and the -n ending make it very recognizably male.

[name_m]Kellan[/name_m] is way more a boys name for me, and most people I’d suspect. It’s also like a top 300 name so definitely not unique or uncommon.

I like it - and I like it as a boys name. If you are torn maybe [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] would work for you? Very close but definitely not unisex.

Thanks for the thoughts! It seems like the majority like the name. Maybe my hip and trendy description swayed the voters. (I’m kidding). Seriously though, thanks! :smiley:

I think [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] definitely sounds like a boy, and is a handsome name overall.

I think it is too reminiscent of [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]. I like the suggestion of [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] {NN [name_m]Cully[/name_m]!}, and would like to add both [name_m]Callen[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] : )

I adore it. My 2 year old is named this, though his is spelled [name_m]Kellen[/name_m]. We have got nothing but compliments on his name, and definitely would not consider it a girl name.

[name_m]Kellan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds wonderful

Awesome! Thanks! We were going back and forth with the spelling because I prefer the idea of the more original [name_m]Kellen[/name_m]. However, my last name has two i’s and two g’s and all the symmetry, and double letters between first and last names looked funny written down. That’s why I swapped the E for an A. :slight_smile:

I think it’s definitely a boys name in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] and there won’t be doubt with many people that he’s a boy when they read his name. I recommend sticking with [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] over [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] ([name_m]Cullen[/name_m] is very Twilight to me shudder).

Another more masculine option than the two above is [name_m]Callum[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u].

Good point. When I was researching I discovered that [name_m]Kellen[/name_m] is super common for little girls in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u]. Having never been there, I was surprised. But a lot of names seem to be cultural and geographic.

I only know girls (in [name_u]Denver[/name_u]) named [name_m]Kellan[/name_m]. But my brother’s name is [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] ([name_m]Patrick[/name_m]). Haha. I think [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is beautiful though. My first name is androgynous as well, and it’s really no big deal anyways especially with a clear middle name.

I have only ever met one boy named [name_m]Kellen[/name_m], and he’s never had any issues with it. If it ever gets shortened or nicknamed it just goes to Kel.

Awesome! Good to know.

One week to go till the little guy arrives. :expressionless:

I definitely see [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] as a boys name, though possibly because I know one! [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] in incredibly handsome!

Thanks for the feedback! I can definitely see where you’re coming from on the descriptions. Those were mostly from my better half. And to be fair, we live in [name_f]Maine[/name_f], so trends are a little slow to reach our fashionably inept state. :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks!