Thoughts and suggestions for baby boy

We’re looking for classic, but current names for our little boy. Our daughters are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], which I think gives you a pretty good idea of our style. If baby would’ve been a girl, we had [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] picked. We’ve had [name_m]Henry[/name_m] in mind for a boy for quite a while, but my bother-in-law and his wife used it last year for their son. The other two names we’ve had on our list for a while are [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. I really like [name_m]Philip[/name_m], but I’m worried it’s too mid-century sounding and can’t stand the nickname [name_u]Phil[/name_u]. Thoughts on these two names and middle name suggestions would be very appreciated! Other first name suggestions would also be okay if you don’t think [name_m]Simon[/name_m] or [name_m]Philip[/name_m] are great options. Thank you!

I think [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m] are great choices! [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is a bit more underrated in my opinion and I lean more towards this than [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. However [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is a perfect classic like your girls’ names. If you can’t stand [name_u]Phil[/name_u] maybe [name_m]Pip[/name_m]? Or you could also do initals as his nickname, like if his middle name was [name_m]John[/name_m] you could occasionally call him PJ.

I really love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! I’m not a fan of either [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] or [name_m]Simon[/name_m], but they do fit well with the other names. Here are some suggestions you might like:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are lovely btw

I think [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] works! I know someone who recently named their baby [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]! It fits well with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - it feels literary and classic. [name_m]Pip[/name_m] could be an alternative nn if you’re interested in using one
I’m not such a fan of [name_m]Simon[/name_m], sorry.

Some middles:
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u], [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] were a few other suggestions that came to mind as alternatives to [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]

I quite like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] but I will also offer:
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are lovely. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would be perfect for their sister!

I like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] or [name_m]Philip[/name_m] a lot. [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is a little more unexpected these days, but I don’t care for [name_u]Phil[/name_u] either. [name_f]May[/name_f] be hard to avoid. I like [name_m]Pip[/name_m]!

Other suggestions:

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]

[name_u]August[/name_u]

[name_m]Eli[/name_m]

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

[name_m]Frederic[/name_m]

[name_m]Louis[/name_m]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_m]William[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Philip[/name_m] isn’t my favorite, but I like [name_m]Simon[/name_m]!

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m]

I love [name_m]Philip[/name_m], and I knew a [name_m]Philip[/name_m] growing up that always went by [name_m]Philip[/name_m], no problem. :slight_smile: it’s a handsome name. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is also very nice, but to me sounds more serious.