Thoughts/Associations with the name

[name_u]Johnny[/name_u]

[name_u]Johnny[/name_u] is fun, all-american, spunky, and sweet! [name_f]My[/name_f] associations are a couple men in my family whose full names are [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], and [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. I also think of [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] [name_m]Cash[/name_m], which is a super cool namesake. :banjo::teddy_bear::newspaper_roll::leaves:

1 Like

My dad. His name is Juanito which means ‘little John’ so his parents called him Johnny and my Mom called him ‘Johnny boy’

1 Like

A cond*m :grimacing:
And [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] depp x

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] [name_m]Cash[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] next thought was that it is kind of a generic example name, such as when you tell a story or use it in a hypothetical sense (“sometimes you have to tell little [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] no.”)

I think [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] is super cute as a nickname for a little boy and somewhat endearing for a teen. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference would be [name_u]John[/name_u] “Johnny.”

3 Likes

Wait what?? (first one) I’ve never heard that before :flushed:

1 Like

[name_u]Johnny[/name_u] is a cheerful, kind of relaxed name, youthful but could mature too.

It’s a fairly versatile name, but my main associations are the song ‘Uncle Jonny’ by The Killers and the character [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] [name_m]Eames[/name_m] from The Small House at Allington but [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] Trollope

1 Like

@CashTheUnicorn I’m a fan of johnny depp so thats good but I’ve never heard the first one before its a new to me

[name_u]Johnny[/name_u] [name_u]Cade[/name_u], the Outsiders, my book love :heart:

3 Likes

@anon6215570 @namergirl3
In (some) parts of the uk we call a cond*m a [name_u]Johnny[/name_u], it’s a pretty known slang word :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@CashTheUnicorn oh no thats a shame as its now put me off the name :pensive:.

1 Like

Sorry! Maybe have it as a nickname if it bothers you too much x

1 Like

The first one i think of is someone in my school with the name. I do also think of [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] Depp but not straight away

1 Like

To me it just seems like an “everyman” sort of name. [name_u]John[/name_u] used to be the most popular name for boys and many of those went by [name_u]Johnny[/name_u]. If you’re thinking of celebrities, [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] [name_m]Cash[/name_m] and [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] Depp come to mind.