Thoughts in Alouette

Could it really work as a name? Thoughts on a MN?

I really love [name]Alouette[/name], but I would only use it as a middle name personally because I don’t have enough guts. :slight_smile: However, I would love to meet a little [name]Alouette[/name]! Compared to your daughter’s name, it would encounter more spelling challenges and questions. It matches [name]Juniper[/name] in spunk, but will need a little more explanation. [name]Love[/name] the name though!

I love [name]Alouette[/name]! I actually just posted about it a couple weeks ago–maybe you’d like to read what everyone had to say? (Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums) I eventually came to the conclusion that as much as I love it, and as much significance as it has for me, it’s just not something I can imagine using, although I still do like it in the MN spot for something more mainstream, like [name]Lila[/name] [name]Alouette[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Alouette[/name], or [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]…

Good luck!

I have no qualms with using it as a first name. Then again, I see no problem with names like [name]Undine[/name] and [name]Narcissa[/name]. My husband likes it and I haven’t been able to sell him on [name]Noor[/name], sadly. He likes [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Mavis[/name], but [name]Mavis[/name] is also a bird name. Btw, I pronounce it like the word, not the song (ah-[name]Lou[/name]-ett).

Ive never thought of it as a human name or seen it used and as a bird, its one that historically been eaten so Im not sure I would want to be named after it. I also wouldnt want to hear the Alouette song or questions about whether or not I was named after it (stupid, I know) and I imagine that would happen a lot. I think it’s also a brand of cheese so unfortunately I dont think it’s very usable as a people name.

BTW a lot of people seem to think the lyrics to the Alouette song indicate cruelty but to pluck a bird you would have to kill it first so its not about torture but its still about prepping a dead bird.

Really?

Well, I know someone in [name]France[/name] whose nn is [name]Alouette[/name] ([name]Angelique[/name] is her FN), and she seems to love it, so I never really thought it was a problem. I don’t think it would be as much of an issue in [name]America[/name] as it might be in [name]France[/name], though.

The title of this thread got the [name]Alouette[/name] song going around in my head. I say nay as a name.

I adore [name]Alouette[/name] but would probably not even be adventurous enough to use it the middle!

I love it. I say it al as in [name]Albert[/name]: al-lou-et or al-lou-et-te. I’m American, can barely remember the song being referenced in the thread. Neither did I know that it was some sort of cheese before reading this thread. It’s very pretty, I would use it in a heartbeat. [name]Lou[/name] or Ette could be nicknames if you have to have a nn.

I think nn’sare completely different than a given name. I know someone who goes by [name]Bichette[/name] despite the fact that she’s an adult, I don’t see a problem with it but if it was a given name it would be ridiculous.