Thoughts of Selah Gale

We are expecting our second set of twins! B/g this time. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy’s name is already picked. I need some help with baby girl’s name. I’m leaning towards [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u]. Wdyt?

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u]

Other front runners are
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

(Ruelle and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] would be a little higher but I would like a bird reference with her middle name… [name_u]Gale[/name_u] would refer to the nightingale, and also to [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] from the Bible… I also like the connection to the meaning joy that [name_u]Gale[/name_u] has.)

2 Likes

Ooooh, I love this! Wouldn’t change a thing

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is lovely. I also really love the full [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]! [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is a nice middle with [name_f]Selah[/name_f] as well as [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], also.

Is [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] the official boy’s name? (It’s a really handsome combo!) I think if it is, I would personally be less inclined to pick [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as the girl’s first, since I would find two Sh- names tough to say together all the time.

I personally love the more vintage feel of [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], but I think [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] as the twin name would be flexible either way—it could go vintage with [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], or more modern Biblical like [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. I would probably decide based on what matched your first set’s names best!

Congratulations!

1 Like

it’s a little hard to judge without knowing your other childrens’ names, but with shepherd as a brother i like sylvie or susannah the best! i think selah and shiloh sound a bit too matchy with shepherd, whereas sylvie or susannah with shepherd are just matchy enough to be cute without being inconvenient or cheesy at all. and they’re just so beautiful :yellow_heart:

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is sooooo pretty ! I love it !!

1 Like

Thanks for the input so far! Let me clarify, [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] are my three year old twins. Their names are 100% official on birth certificates already, lol. Our second set of twins are on the way. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is the baby boy twin’s name. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is what I’m leaning towards for baby girl twin. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is the other name we have on our girls list. So potentially the sibset would be:

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u]

3 Likes

I like the idea [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] too!

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is lovely! I would also like [name_f]Selah[/name_f] Dove!!

Absolutely love it! It feels different and charming, but also has strong Biblical roots :purple_heart:

I’m obsessed!!! What gorgeous names!!

oh wow, it’s so perfect! i really love shiloh with shepherd, too, but in your sibset, shiloh would feel more masculine to me! your children have such gorgeous names. :dove:

Personally I would prefer the full [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] or [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]. But that’s just my opinion, if you love [name_u]Gale[/name_u] then go for it! It flows well and sounds nice together. I wouldn’t pick [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as a first name with twin [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m].

I think [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is very pretty and perfect with your others kids names!

I really like it! Your daughters names are some I’ve admired since you announced them on NB - very memorable.

[name_f]My[/name_f] opinion would be that [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] in full might work better. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] are all bigger and bolder which makes [name_u]Gale[/name_u] stick out - especially because [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is already shorter than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. Adding some syllabic oomph would be helpful there.

I know you probably are looking to narrow rather than expand but I can’t help but pitch [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sibylla[/name_f].

I’m not crazy about [name_f]Selah[/name_f] with [name_u]Gale[/name_u] but I like [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] a lot. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], too. [name_u]Gale[/name_u] seems too plain to me with such lovely first names, but honestly, they’re fine.

Beautiful names! :white_heart:

I think Selah Gale sounds great! I did hesitate slightly seeing Susannah and Selah as sisters because along with all the names having the same first letter, those two also both have the same ending. Sticking with the ‘S’ theme, I wanted to suggest Sarai. Its a beautiful biblical name that fits well with the sibset, but would give each name a distinct sound/ending. I do still like Selah too though!

Ah I love bird names! Lark, Wren, Dove, Mavis, Paloma, Raven, Zamira - there are so many good ones! Gale is a lovely soft little nod to a Nightingale.

Thanks again for your input! There were a few other first and middle name options on the table initially, but we narrowed it down to just [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as first name options. Meaning is really important to us and these two capture more of what we are going for. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] was one I liked for meaning and because it had a different ending sound to the other girls’ names. However, my husband doesn’t like it, so we are down to just [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as options. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] have the same ending sound and begining letter, but that’s not a deal breaker for me. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I have the same ending and bringing letters and I don’t think of it as a big deal. Using [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as twin names could be a lot with the Sh sound, but we haven’t ruled it out yet. I think we are leaning towards [name_f]Selah[/name_f], though. I liked [name_u]Lark[/name_u] as a possibility for a middle name, but I don’t like how it sounds next to [name_f]Selah[/name_f] or [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. I’d like to use a bird name, and we’ve pretty much narrowed those to [name_u]Gale[/name_u] or [name_u]Dove[/name_u]. If we don’t use a bird name, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f] are still in the running for sentimental and family reasons. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes the idea of using [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]. That would add more syllables, but we know so many little Abigails that I don’t think I like that idea. [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] is my favorite biblical woman, so I thought maybe [name_u]Gale[/name_u] could be a nod to her and the nightingale, a bird that is a national symbol of Ukraine, where we have some beloved family members. I don’t know that my husband will be on board with using nightingale in full, though, and if we did, it wouldn’t feel like it had the same nod to [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] thinking with [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is that it would accomplish both. I do still like [name_u]Dove[/name_u], though. I wasn’t sure if I liked the way it sounding with [name_f]Selah[/name_f], but maybe I should consider it some more. I’m still swirling everything around in my head. Good thing I’ve got a few more months before I have to put something on paper!

1 Like

Two sets of twins :heart:
I know of two sibling sets with both a [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and a [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]! I think they’re meant to be together. However, in both cases they are brothers. So, hearing [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], I think boys, even though personally I never can decide whether I prefer [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] on a boy or a girl.

Because of those associations, I think I’d advocate for [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] in your case. Best wishes!

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is not my cup of tea. I like the name [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] you mentioned.

Absolutely grand! [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] is delightful, and she’s a perfect match with her brother and sisters.