Thoughts on Adria

My name is [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], and we were thinking of naming our child (if its a girl) [name_u]Adria[/name_u]. We like [name_u]Adria[/name_u] because it takes letters from my name Alexandria. Also looking for thoughts on a middle name for [name_u]Adria[/name_u]. Should we use mine (and my mom’s), [name_f]Renee[/name_f], or try something new?

Both [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] and [name_u]Adria[/name_u] are gorgeous names. [name_u]Adria[/name_u] is such a sweet pick as an honor name!

[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] is fine if you really want it, I mean, it flows well, but with [name_u]Adria[/name_u] as a first I’d expect something different…

Something along the lines of:
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Chiara[/name_f]

But [name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] does work fine :slight_smile:

[name_u]Adria[/name_u] makes me think of the place in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. And the Adriatic Sea. I think it’s pretty, and [name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée has good flow.

I think it’s a rather pretty name. Immediately reminds me of Stargate SG-1 though, [name_u]Adria[/name_u] was the leader of the antagonists in the final seasons.

I suggest similar names likes [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], Adaia, or [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f].

I do think [name_u]Adria[/name_u] is nice though. [name_u]Unique[/name_u], feminine, and strong.

It’s an alright name, but as a person coming from Croatia, where Adriatic Sea is, I find it quite odd. It’s not my style, and I much prefer [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]/[name_f]Adrianne[/name_f]/[name_m]Adrian[/name_m].

[name_u]Adria[/name_u] is 100% boy to me, I’ve lived in [name_f]Barcelona[/name_f] and Adrià is a well-used boy name over there. In Catalan many male names lose their last consonant, so you see lots of names such as [name_u]Mart[/name_u]í, [name_u]Juli[/name_u]à and [name_m]Sergi[/name_m] around. For an American baby girl I guess it would be fine, although I personally cannot imagine it on a girl. I like the honor connection though, and it flows well with [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. As a pp mentioned I also like the imagery of the Adriatic see that it evokes. I think [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is lovely as well, have you considered that?

A beautiful choice!

I think it’s pretty. Also reminds me of [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] /[name_f]Andria[/name_f] whose letters are all there too.

I like [name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], as well as [name_u]Adria[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]