Thoughts on Alice Everleigh

[name]Alice[/name] Everleigh has been a huge crush of mine for months now. I absolutely love the way it sounds, all soft and liquid. I always liked the sound of [name]Everly[/name], but I hated it on paper; all I saw was [name]Beverly[/name] with the B lopped off. Then one day I ran across the Everleigh spelling and fell head over heels! I did some Everleigh research and it means “boar meadow” or “grazing meadow” depending on the source. Behind the Name is usually pretty accurate, and they say it’s from [name]Everley[/name] (Old English) meaning “wild boar wood.” I’m not crazy about the boar part, but I love the wild wood!

I usually go for out there names like [name]Narnia[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], Sabriel and the like. [name]Alice[/name] is my one popularity concession. Such a dainty name with such kickass namesakes (explorer of Wonderland, particularly awesome in the [name]Burton[/name] version, clairvoyant vampire, multiple rock musicians, and let’s not forget the psychic zombie-slaying superwoman from Resident Evil ^^) And there’s just something about the L and the CE!! I can say it over and over and only love it more @@ ([name]Lucy[/name] does this to me too, although nowhere near as much)

I just have the weirdest style disconnect between my girls’ favorite and my boys’ favorites! For boys I like [name]Zion[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Solomon[/name] [name]Fable[/name], and [name]Caspian[/name] (middle name TBD). Is [name]Alice[/name] Everleigh too out of place in this theoretical sibset? Too normal? Her nn would probably be [name]Evie[/name]. I feel like [name]Zion[/name], [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], and [name]Evie[/name] works better than [name]Zion[/name], [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], and [name]Alice[/name]. What do you think?

Feedback on the name itself and whether it works in the hypothetical sibset would be awesome :slight_smile:

I’ve loved [name]Alice[/name] for years. There was a little girl named [name]Alice[/name] that my younger brother had a crush on and I just loved her name. It’s sweet and simple and just lovely. It’s so feminine but not frilly. I like the nn [name]Ali[/name], though I think [name]Alice[/name] is wonderful and prefer an [name]Alice[/name] go by [name]Alice[/name]. I think it sounds beautiful with Everleigh. I prefer that spelling over [name]Everly[/name] as well. I don’t tend to like names that end in -y. I do love [name]Molly[/name] though.

I don’t think [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Evie[/name] are great with your boy names, but I don’t think they’re so different people will raise an eyebrow when they meet your children. Depending on which name you end up using for a boy, you could just say you’re going with a storybook theme. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Bastian[/name] would thrill me, since they both entered other worlds.

I love almost every one of your names, btw. I have a lot of them on my lists. [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Narnia[/name], Sabriel, [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Fable[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oberon[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] are my favorites.

[name]Alice[/name] is one of my favorites!! So feminine. I don’t care for Everleigh (especially this spelling), but it is fine in the middle and does flow really well.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Alice[/name] Everleigh! I think with such a uniquely lovely middle name, and especially if you plan to use that or a nickname form of it, your boy options go great! I especially love Everleigh and [name]Caspian[/name]. Have you considered the nickname [name]Ever[/name]?

And regardless of matchiness, if you love it, use it!

I love [name]Alice[/name], it’s one of my favourite girl names. It’s got something special, it feels like a clear green leafy forest with dew on the leaves and sunlight shining on the dewdrops.
I love Everleigh too, you have to remember that wild boar was considered the strongest animal in old [name]England[/name], it was feared and respected like a big bear. So in my opinion it means something very cool, a deep wild wood with fearsome beasts, filled with adventure and excitement.

The thing about [name]Alice[/name] is that even though it’s popular, it’s got all this amazing history and literary connections. I think it works really well, especially with your [name]Caspian[/name], and [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Saskia[/name] and my favourite; Illyria.

If you like [name]Alice[/name] so much why would her nn be [name]Evie[/name]?

I love [name]Everly[/name], I don’t like Everleigh. It looks along the same line as [name]Ashleigh[/name] and [name]Ryleigh[/name]- an attempt at “creativity”. Since it’s the mn I guess it doesn’t matter much. People rarely see or even know your mn

And no, [name]Alice[/name] doesn’t fit with any of your other names. Having the nn [name]Evie[/name] doesn’t change the sibset; it’s still [name]Zion[/name], [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Alice[/name]. However I don’t think opposite gender sib names have to be the same style.

[name]Alice[/name] Everleigh sounds really pretty, but I do prefer the look of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Everly[/name].

It’s true, I think if they’re going to raise an eyebrow it would be at the boys, not at the more mainstream [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]! :slight_smile:

I’d love to see that list of yours sometime! Sounds like we have very similar taste!

It’s true, I think if they’re going to raise an eyebrow it would be at the boys, not at the more mainstream [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]! :slight_smile:

I’d love to see that list of yours sometime! Sounds like we have very similar taste!

I don’t now why I didn’t think of that, since [name]Ever[/name] is on my list of nicknames for [name]Reverie[/name] (which I would only use instead of [name]Alice[/name] Everleigh, because Everleigh and [name]Reverie[/name] are too similar). [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Ever[/name]…what a dreamy magical combo!

Thank you ottilie! That definitely reassures me about the meaning. I was wondering what I would say to a daughter who asked me why I named her after a wild pig >_>

A lot of little reasons, all of which are really complicated. The main one being we need a girls’ name that incorporates a Biblical reference, which [name]Alice[/name] doesn’t, but Everleigh does, by virtue of containing “[name]Eve[/name].”

Thank you all so much for your feedback!!