Thoughts on Allyson/Allison

• What is your opinion of [name_u]Allison[/name_u]?
  • What spelling do you like the most? [name_f]Allyson[/name_f], [name_f]Alison[/name_f], or [name_u]Allison[/name_u]?
  • [name_m]How[/name_m] many Allisons do you know?
  • Any recommend middle names?

[name_u]Allison[/name_u] is pretty name in and of itself. I do know quite a few women named [name_u]Allison[/name_u] (7 or 8 of them) most of them are between 20-25 yrs. So it might be considered a little dated, but not a bad name

Pretty name! I prefer the [name_u]Allison[/name_u] spelling, but the name is so ancient, any of them are probably legit. Also, I love the nn options!

I prefer the [name_u]Allison[/name_u] spelling and only know one [name_u]Allison[/name_u]. The spelling [name_f]Allyson[/name_f] just sounds like it should be pronounced alley-son, in my opinion. The original name is very pretty though.

[name_u]Allison[/name_u] is very pretty! Due to my personal style, I prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but [name_u]Allison[/name_u] is great!

It’s a pretty name but [name_f]IMO[/name_f] it’s dated - it’s a “mom name” now rather than a name I see on children.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite spelling is [name_f]Alison[/name_f] - for some reason it looks really appealingly smooth to me.

I know probably three Allisons personally and several acquaintances.

[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

I like [name_u]Allison[/name_u] most and [name_f]Alison[/name_f] almost as much. Although I’d realize [name_f]Allyson[/name_f] was probably supposed to be pronounced the same, I’d fight the urge to say [name_f]Ally[/name_f]-son.

[name_u]Allison[/name_u]/[name_f]Alison[/name_f] feel like they belong on a sweet, smart, preppy girl with a headband and cable-knit sweater. [name_m]Just[/name_m] nice. I loved them a lot more after learning they’re an old diminuitive of [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and they do retain much of the same feel as [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for me. I probably have known quite a few (10 or so?) but all my age, 25-30. I don’t know any little Allisons. I know it’s still not uncommon but I’d more expect a baby to be called [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

[name_u]Allison[/name_u] sounds dated to me. I prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f].