Thoughts on Anais

What do you think of [name_f]Anais[/name_f] at first I thought it was too much to say but I’m really liking it now

I personally am not the biggest fan of the sound of it, but the meaning is wonderful and I can see why others do like the sound. And it has some great nickname options of [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Ana[/name_f], [name_u]Issy[/name_u], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], [name_u]Isa[/name_u], Nai, [name_f]Naia[/name_f], or even Aia (said like “eye-uh”)! All in all, I like it for other people, it’s just not my personal taste :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think it’s super lovely

1 Like

i love anais :dove:

for me it’s beautiful and unexpected, dreamy, and a little edgy. i have had anais emilia on my list, but since my name is hannah it feels a little to close! i would love to see more little anais’s, however ~

3 Likes

Gorgeous! The only thing that would put me off is pronunciation difficulties in an English-speaking environment.

1 Like

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] if you used it as a middle I think that could be such an amazing link with your name! [name_f]Anais[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] were both on the list of ways to honor [name_f]Ann[/name_f], and [name_f]Anais[/name_f] makes such a good middle for names ending in “a”

1 Like

that is a really nice idea!! i always find trouble liking names that link with my own, but anais is so lovely. and now that i’m think about it, it does make a beautiful middle!!

nora anais, willa anais, ivy anais… i will probably be doing this all day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m not really sure how to pronounce it…

1 Like

The best I can explain is Ann-i-ees but sure other people say it differently depending on where you are

Okay, good, that’s about what I would have guessed. It’s a cool name!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! One of my top 5 names. I like it with the i as ï so [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f] but that’s just because that’s how I first saw it spelt.

Interesting name, but I’d be concerned about the obvious playground nickname, maybe depending on how you pronounce it.

Ana (like from frozen) ees.

I love [name_f]Anais[/name_f] so much!!! I prefer to pronounce it ‘uh-NAY-iss’, but I know some pronounce it differently

Turns out I’ve been pronouncing it wrong :woman_facepalming:

Anyway, now I know the right pns, I enjoy the uh-nye-ees one :slight_smile: It’s a pretty and interesting name

Personally, I don’t think it’s very pretty.

Very pretty name!

i really like it! my preferred pronunciation is (roughly) AN-eye-EES.

Can’t remember how to say it :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s lovely in [name_u]French[/name_u], Spanish etc. But I would be worried about everyone pronouncing it wrong where I live. :woman_shrugging: I find I have to switch to a [name_u]French[/name_u] accent to say it correctly.