Thoughts on Arthur? (is it too basic?)

Hello! (i hope i’m in the right catagory haha) I am not expecting currently, but i have been mulling over names for future children i am planning to have, I currently have my son, Jonah (Vince- middle name)

One of the names i really love for a boy is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (i’m thinking a middle name could be [name_u]Scott[/name_u] or [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]) What do you guys think of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]? Is it overused? Does it go well with [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]? Let me know what you think! (do you guys have any other boy suggestions for me?)

The name i’ve been considering for a girl is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], I just love it, (though i do feel maybe it is too popular, i’m not sure) some other girl names i like are [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] & [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].
I’m looking for any similar suggestions if you have any! (for boys or girls)

Also what do you think of the sibset, [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?

Thank you so much everyone!! <3

I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and I think it fits well with [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. Where I’ve only met like 2 children called [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] it doesn’t feel basic or popular.

1 Like

Other suggestions:

Arlo
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Inigo[/name_m]
[name_u]Floris[/name_u]
[name_m]Tudor[/name_m]
[name_m]Feodor[/name_m]
[name_m]Teodor[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Meliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Melita[/name_f]
[name_f]Milena[/name_f]
[name_f]Catriona[/name_f]
[name_f]Anisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]

1 Like

Jonah, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] work great together. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a good name that isn’t too popular but easy to age and recognize.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! :heart_eyes: [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is on my own top 5; I love that it reminds me of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I don’t find it basic at all. I think [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be great together. :heart:

Scott and [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] are both nice, but with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] being such a classic name, I would prefer something a bit more interesting, maybe like:

Arthur [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (obviously I’m biased lol)
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Kilian[/name_m]

Unless [name_u]Scott[/name_u] and [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] are family names; then I’d definitely keep them! :heart: Of the two, I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] a little more.

Good luck!

1 Like

Arthur is UK #4 and US #178. So depending on where you live, it may be overused. But it is a strong name with a great history.

Of your middles, I’d choose Arthur Laurence. It’s quite a handsome name, imo.

Jonah, Arthur, and Scarlett are all great names, but I’m going to disagree and say they feel like they’re pulling in different directions to me. A sibset doesn’t have to match. But if you’re looking for a match, I’d want something to tie Jonah and Arthur together. Jonah is very strongly a Bible name to me, and Arthur is very strongly not. So I’d be seeking a third sibling name that somehow bridges the gap. Something like Rachel, that reads as ancient and modern… but something with more flair than Rachel. I’ll ponder on it a bit…

1 Like

Thank you for the comment! I like your suggestion with the middle names (i wasn’t completely decided about either of the names, they were just a few ideas) i love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] a lot!

1 Like

I love it as it’s a family name for me and in the US I’ve never heard it outside my family

1 Like

I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. It’s versatile and strong.

You might like
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]

Love [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]

1 Like

Arthur is a gorgeous classic name! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_m]Artie[/name_m], so cute :two_hearts:

1 Like