Thoughts on Aspen?

The search continues for a name DH and I can agree on, with just over two weeks to go. DH wants me to consider his top pick which is [name]Aspen[/name]. I don’t really care for it, mainly the ASSS sound. But the ASP part just sounds too abrupt for me also. Is it just me, or is this a nice name?

It’s okay. I didn’t really like, but my college friend used it for her daughter, who is a bubbly and bright redheaded child. Granted, she’s only two and being raised in my friend’s home country (Bulgaria) so I don’t know how bad the “ASSSSSSSS” sound is (since it doesn’t have the same meaning to Bulgarians). Mostly my friend complains that the people in her town don’t get it. They end up calling her daughter little [name]Zoya[/name] (the child’s middle name and grandmother’s name) which upsets my friend a great deal. My friend usually calls [name]Aspen[/name], “[name]Penny[/name].”

I think [name]Aspen[/name] is a pretty name. While I agree, I don’t really care for the first syllable, if you look at the entire name I think it’s unique and gorgeous.

I don’t love it or hate it. It’s got a cool vibe to it, but I suppose the “ass” sound isn’t ideal in a name. Others you might consider are [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Maple[/name], [name]Briar[/name], [name]Ember[/name], [name]Lark[/name], or [name]Wren[/name]. Or [name]Arden[/name], [name]Ashlan[/name], Aven, or [name]Afton[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name]

I’ve never considered the name before, but I quite like it. :slight_smile: I can see it wearing really well. The first syllable doesn’t bother me, it’s not different than [name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Aster[/name].

I assume you’re asking for a girl name rather than a boy name? Everyone is answering for girls, I’ll answer for both.
I think [name]Aspen[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name] for a a girl is darling. I also really like [name]Aspen[/name] for a boy. I don’t mind the ass sound as I don’t think it’s super prominent even though it is, lol that makes very little sense. Ass isn’t the first thing I think of when I hear [name]Aspen[/name], actually [name]Juneau[/name] is for some reason.

I don’t like it. I’m thrown off by the “ass” part.

Sorry I didnt clarify, it is for a girl. Thanks for the opinions, they are appreciated. [name]Glad[/name] to know the ass sound doesn’t bother most of you like it does me. Still not sold on it, still looking for something that we both like, we’ll see…

[name]Penny[/name] really saves the name for me–I have a hard time with the “ass” sound. Maybe with a prettier accent than mine it would work?