Thoughts on Asta/Aster?

Would love some opinions on [name_f]Asta[/name_f]/[name_f]Aster[/name_f]? I really like this name but I’m not sure if the ‘st’ has a little too much sting to it. I like the image it presents to me but wondering if saying repeatedly, as one does with a child, will make it feel too harsh or uncomfortable to say.

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Asta[/name_f].

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] is interesting, my only concern would be that it starts with “ass”.

I’ve heard of [name_f]Astra[/name_f] and [name_f]Aster[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Asteria[/name_f]. The emphasis is the “ter” so the beginning isn’t as harsh.

We are trying to decide between [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] so obviously I like these “Ast” sounding names. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Asta[/name_f] is very pretty and brings to mind an artist of some sort

I have never heard of [name_f]Asta[/name_f] but it sounds pretty just not one of my favourites.

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] is gorgeous! It feels like an updated [name_f]Esther[/name_f] to me, or a halfway-house between soft [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and bold [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

Not a fan of the [name_f]Asta[/name_f] spelling though.

One of my very good friends has a 5 year old daughter named [name_f]Aster[/name_f]. She’s such an adventurous, mature and thoughtful child. They get lots of compliments on her name. She has a younger sister named [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] and baby brother named [name_m]Ruben[/name_m].

I love [name_f]Aster[/name_f] - its one of my newest crushes. I prefer this to [name_f]Asta[/name_f] which looks as though its missing something. I love [name_f]Astra[/name_f] too.

There’s also [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], which you could [name_u]Story[/name_u] as a nickname for :slight_smile:

It’s funny how [name_f]Asta[/name_f] is so foreign to a lot of people here, while it’s #40 in my country for girls!

I like both honestly :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Aster[/name_f] a lot, [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] too. I’d have to say that some people are worried about the “as” sound.

Thank you, I have a huge obsession with Scandi names - would love some more suggestions if you have any to share?