Thoughts on Aurelia Elizabeth

I am expecting my first child in [name_f]May[/name_f] and right now my fiancé and I are really leaning towards [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I didn’t get a lot of love from it on Reddit but we are totally set on this name.

Gorgeous and perfect. You’ve chosen a lovely name.

I really love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. Strong, classic, and spunky with a nice meaning. It is a family name which first got me interested but now I love it for its own sake. It sounds very nice with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I hope you go for it!

A wonderful and chic choice!

I don’t mind it but it seems like a mouthful to me! If one name is 3 or 4 syllables I much prefer a 1 or 2 syllable name in the other spot.

I really like it! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]!

I don’t think it’s a mouthful considering she will rarely, if ever, be addressed by first + middle. We plan on calling her [name_u]Ari[/name_u] or [name_f]Lia[/name_f] for short.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is a great choice. The -lia[name_f]El[/name_f] part is a little hard to say and I don’t love that both are four syllables stressed on second syllable, but that is pretty nitpicky. As you said she won’t use the middle name often and it looks really nice written.

If you want other middle suggestions:

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

I think this is how [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] materialized for us, actually. We were talking about [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], then [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], then [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and somehow we came up with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

It’s a beautiful name! The only issue I could see (and this is absolutely not a reason to not use it) is that small children will probably not be able to say it, especially since r’s are usually the last sound they master. So she may temporarily have a funny nickname or have her name said “O-will-ya.” :slight_smile:

I’m a speech pathologist so I’m all too familiar with the /r/ phoneme :smiley: this is part of the reason I liked [name_f]Lia[/name_f] as a nickname, it’s much easier for little kids to grasp. Perhaps she will just introduce herself as [name_f]Lia[/name_f]? I’ll leave the choice to her.

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is beautiful! My go-to middles are usually [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], so [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] was a bit of a surprise at first, but I really like it! It’s a gorgeous choice.

I have a friend whose daughter is [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and I think it’s really distinctive and pretty. A lovely choice!

Hey there! I frequent r/namenerds and saw your post! I’m glad you posted here.

I really like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and even if [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] can seem a tiny bit of a mouth full I don’t think it’s bad at all! And I agree, her middle name won’t come up often anyway. Try not to let people on reddit get you down with their strong opinions - there’s not that great diversity of opinions over there. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a solid choice and you ultimately can’t go wrong with it.

Gorgeous! Elegant and a bit unexpected. I think it has great flow.

Today I posted in /r/namenerds and saw someone commented about getting some praise on nameberry - maybe that was you? I figured it was worth a shot. :smiley:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the combo. It’s a very pretty name. I think sometimes people get a little carried away about perfect flow. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is beautiful, her meaning even inspired my username “golden; gilded”. Overall, I think it’s a lovely name. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!

I love it! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a beautiful name.

Sending another supportive comment. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has x factor [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Sophisticated & unusual, also [name_f]Lia[/name_f] is lovely for a younger child. The name has it all.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is stunning! It’s elegant, feminine but strong, and there’s so much history behind both names. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] brings to mind imagery of a golden dawn over ancient buildings. It’s quite an unusual name so she may well be the only one people have ever met, making it more memorable, without being too weird.