Thoughts on Aviva

Baby Girl #2 is due this spring. Big sister is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. Husband and I have been struggling over choosing [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Girl’s name. I love [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] but he’s been on the fence. I think a big hesitation is the only two people other than us that know it’s in consideration are our moms, neither that jive with it. However, both have very different naming styles so it doesn’t bother me. I have loved the name for a long time especially because it’s unique and means spring like and she is due at the end of what’s likely to feel like a very long winter. Husband was much more into it before hearing the moms’ thoughts but is still open to using it. We have also been considering [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (moms also don’t like) but the rising popularity is really bothering me. I want to make sure my naming radar is not completely off here. Thoughts?

1 Like

Aviva is fantastic, I love it! I love the meaning and how bright and energetic it sounds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how spunky and bright [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] feels! It’s a great choice.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Love [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]! It’s not too ‘out there’ given how popular names like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are, and not difficult to pronounce and just as sweet but still as punchy as her sisters name. Beautiful choice!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

My only issue with aviva is that it is a car insurance brand here in the UK

Yes, I saw that when I did some research. But we’re US based. Also [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] is a Hebrew name and we’re Jewish so that is where I identify most with the name. However, if we lived in the UK I would certainly hesitate,

3 Likes

I love the meaning and Hebrew origins but yes over here all I can think of is the aviva adverts.

I love it! It has a really beautiful sound look. However, it’s a bit close to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] imo but that might just be me. Both are 3 syllables with the final 2 vowels being i and a. However, if you love it, you should definitely use it!

Aviva [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] would be amazing combos btw. I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] goes best with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and I wouldn’t let the rising popularity bother me. I don’t see it rising to top 10 or even top 25 in the future.

I was worried about it’s similarity to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but that’s the one thing my husband and the moms all agreed on, that it didn’t sound very similar. Perhaps it’s all in the pronunciation? We also.m call [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Zaza[/name_f] often so that may by why too.

With [name_f]Zaza[/name_f] it’s not close! It’s mostly in writing although I can see myself accidentally using the wrong vowel for one of them sometimes. I pronounce [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] uh-vee-vuh and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] eh-lie-zuh.

Another couple of suggestions that I think could really fit are [name_f]Ayelet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ahava[/name_f]! Both Hebrew and not popular in the states at all. I do really like [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] though.

1 Like

Totally get it. I wouldn’t name my kid Geico here in the US!

1 Like

Love [name_f]Ahava[/name_f]!! And beautiful paired with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

1 Like

It would be particularly sweet for a kid born near [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]’s day :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I also like [name_f]Ahava[/name_f] (and [name_f]Adira[/name_f]) but it was nixed by my husband. I pronounce [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] the same as you but my husband and family have slight southern accents and the names just sound better together when they say them.

Hi there.

I love [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]! It’s so beautiful. It’s elegant & sparkly, but still really soft & quiet & just lovable. It’s easy, but super unique. And I think that it’s nice w/Eliza. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is adorable, by the way. I think that [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] goes really nicely w/Eliza as well, but it is pretty popular. I don’t see [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] getting popular at all. It’s a fairly under the radar Hebrew name.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I just live [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]! The car insurance reference is no big deal at all if you’re in the US… I’ve never heard of it. I’m also Jewish and love these two names together. Some of my other favorite Hebrew names are:

Eliora
[name_f]Davina[/name_f]
[name_f]Shoshana[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dalia[/name_f]
Netali
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] quite a lot, and [name_u]Avi[/name_u] is the cutest nickname as is [name_f]Viva[/name_f] so…I’m sold on it.

1 Like

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] is GORGEOUS, and would be perfect for your spring baby! It’s a fresh choice, and I’m sure your family would grow to love it.

2 Likes