Thoughts on Ayden and Oralee?

So, I have a query. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think the name [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] would work in a fantasy world? Or does it seem too modern?

Also, thoughts on the name [name_f]Oralee[/name_f]? ([name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] is [name_u]Ayden[/name_u]’s true identity(unnecessary information, I know))

Actually, on that topic, how do you feel about the troupe where the main character finds out they’re actually royalty?

I think [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] would work in a fantasy world- I imagine a rugged, adventurous character! It would be a great alter ego for [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] (although I do like the spelling [name_f]Oralie[/name_f] as well, or maybe Auralie!)
I think that it’s a tried and true plot, and there’s no reason not to make your own version- your story will automatically be yours and therefore different then all the others out there, so I don’t think that having the blueprint rags-to-riches story is bad at all.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I can’t help but read [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] as “orally”. At least it’s not [name_f]Analee[/name_f].

1 Like

I think the beauty of a fantasy world is that really any name could work if you want it to. [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] feels more masculine so maybe that is part of her alter ego?

Unfortunately, I can’t get behind [name_f]Oralee[/name_f]. I completely agree with @godshatteringstar. I don’t like [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] because it reminds me of “orally”, and [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] makes the issue so much more prominent.

On the trope, the nice thing about tropes or cliches is that they’re comfortable and people like stories with them! I do get annoyed at the characters who find out they’re royalty and then it’s implied that this automatically makes them qualified to be a monarch—or worse, entitled to be a monarch, no matter what.

I agree with that. I think [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] could work.

But… [name_f]Oralee[/name_f]. It just makes me think of the word oral. I prefer [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] also seems more royal, in my opinion.

It’s definitely been used before, but if you added something special that’s different, I think it could work.

1 Like

Definitely, both would work!

I think [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] definitely works! I agree with @night_blossom that [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] reminds me of the word oral. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Ora[/name_f] or Oralyn?

1 Like

I think [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] would definitely work. I like it.
Alternatives, if you want something else: [name_u]Arden[/name_u], Ashen, [name_f]Aisling[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Oralee[/name_f], though I definitely like the spelling [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] more. It’s completely up to you, though.
Alternatives: [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Olivette[/name_f]

What about changing [name_f]Oralee[/name_f] to Orilee? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Orelee[/name_f]?