Thoughts on baby boy name Oaklen?

Not for my baby - asking for a friend. What are your thoughts on [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] for a boy? I quite liked it when I heard it, the name [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] is rising in popularity where I live and [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] is similar to this and being a bit different I think it’s quite nice! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend just wants other peoples opinions to make sure it’s not too unusual. There is also the spelling [name_m]Oaklan[/name_m] however I think she is leaning towards [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m].

2 Likes

[name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] has quite a warm, rugged sound

1 Like

To me it seems a bit geographical, reminiscent of [name_u]Oakland[/name_u]. I don’t tend to like geographical names, and because of that I prefer [name_u]Oakley[/name_u].

2 Likes

Hm, there is a chance that it might get mistaken as feminine; when I saw it I assumed it was an alternative spelling to Oaklyn and Oaklynn, both of which are used on girls. It also feels geographical to me, like another poster mentioned.
Overall, I prefer Oakley, since it’s easier to spell and pronounce. But Oaklen isn’t bad. She might also like Lochlan, which has a similar sound!

1 Like

I have never even heard of the place [name_u]Oakland[/name_u]! Where is that

Of all of the [name_u]Oak[/name_u] name variations, [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] is my favourite! I do like the [name_m]Oaklan[/name_m] spelling too, but I think I’d go for the e version unless the middle or last names were very e heavy.

I like [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] a lot! I do think you may occasionally get people assuming it’s feminine (like Oaklyn) but since [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] is a pretty evenly split unisex name you’d definitely get the same issue with that name as well.

i love it!

[name_u]California[/name_u]. Its pretty big. I think of the [name_u]Oakland[/name_u] As sports team immediately. I assumed that this was a place name name! Are you in the US?

I quite like the sound but I find it hard to differentiate between [name_f]Oaklyn[/name_f], [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] and [name_u]Oakland[/name_u]. I think that would put me off as I hate having to correct people on my name.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing but it feels very current. With [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] being popular and it ending in a lyn sound, it feels trendy even though its not actually a common name.

1 Like

I haven’t come across [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] before and first impressions are that I like it! Think I prefer it to [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] actually, especially for a boy. I love the nn [name_u]Oak[/name_u] too.

I agree with this. Oaklen is fine, definitely not too unusual if that’s a worry for them. Statistically it may be unusual, but it feels very much part of an extremely popular trend/style to me, so it doesn’t stand out (in a good or bad way).

1 Like

I really like it! It has an unusual but nice warm, lumber jack vibe. :orange_heart:

Oh’ of course! [name_u]America[/name_u]. No we are in [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]Zealand[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Oaklen[/name_m]. I also thought of the similar Oaken.

Sounds like the city Oakland. Not my fave name.

[name_m]Oaklen[/name_m] is handsome – love the cozy, rugged vibe.

I really like it!

Id have to agree! Is unique, but rather familiar, and it would age well imo

1 Like

I agree with this. It doesn’t sound too out there to me because of that, and honestly it doesn’t excite me either for the same reason :man_shrugging: