Thoughts on Billie for a girl?

Hey there! I have noticed recently that [name_u]Billie[/name_u] (at least to me) is becoming more of a girls name. Thoughts/Opinions on this, just curious. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of the “[name_m]Bill[/name_m]” sound.

2 Likes

I can see it as a spunky nn for [name_u]Willow[/name_u] or [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Willodean[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] etc. As a full name it’s not my style personally, but there’s nothing wrong with it.

I could see it gaining popularity with people becoming more comfortable with nicknames, the popularity of unisex names and the popularity of [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f]

3 Likes

Billie is cute and funky for a girl and I believe the [name_u]Billie[/name_u] spelling has a history of being used on girls

1 Like

I think it’s really sweet and makes me think to [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]! :blush:

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Billie[/name_u] as a nickname more than just a name on its own. I imagine it being used for names like [name_f]Belinda[/name_f] or [name_f]Willamina[/name_f].

1 Like

I like it! I just made the combo [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u]! It’s also a super cute nn for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]!

2 Likes

It’s not something I would usually like, but it is cute. It seems old and southern to me. I would name her [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and call her [name_u]Billie[/name_u] (plus she’d have choices of [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Wilma[/name_f], [name_f]Helma[/name_f], [name_f]Minna[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_u]Min[/name_u], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. etc.).

The only thing that doesn’t make me like [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is [name_u]Billie[/name_u] Eilash (sp?) who annoys me more than 50 [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]’ which is saying a lot.

1 Like

A favourite of mine :white_heart:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Billie[/name_u] as a nn for [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] or [name_f]Willodean[/name_f]

It doesn’t sound that great for a girl.

1 Like

Billie is super cute and I have been considering a lot actually! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Billy is the name of my brother so for me I do automatically think boy BUT aside from that I do think [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is sweet and spunky.

I like this a lot as a nickname for [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]! I think having a vintage formal name with a spunky nickname is the perfect mix!

2 Likes

I think it’s feisty and fun, but it does seem to be having a bit of a “moment” right now — no doubt thanks to [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f]. It’s definitely a cool, sassy choice!

1 Like

I knew a [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and it worked for her! It’s definitely not feminine, though, and I personally would prefer a firmly feminine name for myself (but everyone’s different!).

1 Like

I went to college with a [name_u]Billie[/name_u], and the name suited her very well! It’s not my personal style, but I think it works well, especially as a nickname.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Billie[/name_u] for a girl. Its quite popular in Australia and [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand! I’ve just named my daughter [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] nn [name_u]Billie[/name_u]. She gets [name_u]Billie[/name_u] most of the time. And even though my dad is [name_m]Bill[/name_m], [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is all girl to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love it as a nick name, especially as a nn for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

2 Likes

I love it, but unfortunately it’s getting quite popular. Here in Australia names like [name_u]Billie[/name_u] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] are being used a lot. I love the [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] association and feel like it’s a fun vintage choice with a lot of spunk. I’m not sure if I’d actually use it due to its popularity here but I would consider it.

1 Like