Thoughts on Brielle

Maybe it’s just because I’ve been staring at a short list for so long with nothing jumping out at me… but I came across [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] yesterday and I’m stuck on it.
What are your opinions?

I think it’s pretty! I like it a lot more than [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], and the nickname [name_f]Bri[/name_f] is one of my favorites :slight_smile:

Yes, I definitely prefer it to [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is very anti-nickname, his name is [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and he’s always been [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], no [name_m]Dan[/name_m] or [name_u]Danny[/name_u], so he wants our kids to be the same, I feel like [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] doesn’t need a nickname and we wouldn’t use one when she’s young, but when she’s older and it’s her choice, if she did shorten it to [name_f]Bri[/name_f], I think that’s very pretty as well. I dislike [name_u]Gabby[/name_u] though, which i feel would inevitably happen when she went to school if her name were [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f].

Yeah [name_u]Gabby[/name_u] is very unappealing to me. But I do know a [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] and she goes by her full name, no nickname.

I think [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] is such a pretty and light name!

Honestly not a fan.

I like [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] a lot. I went to primary with a [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], and she didn’t go by a nickname until 7th grade, when she tried out [name_f]Elle[/name_f] for the first week of school. Let’s just say it didn’t stick, and a month later, she was happy it didn’t

I like [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]. Lots of nickname options for this feminine two syllable name. I also never was fond of [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] or [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], so when I saw this, I immediately liked it.

It looks like a bastardization of a legitimate [name_m]French[/name_m] name, probably by Americans to capitalize on what they perceive to be sophisticated sounding foreign names. Or, the cheese with a trendy ending slapped on.

I love it but I struggle to say it. The -elle doesn’t really go well with my accent/lazy speech. If I pronounced my words correctly I’d use it in a heartbeat as a middle.

I really like it. I agree for me, it would be a middle name, I’d probably encounter some of the same issues as @eoxima.

I’m not a fan - it looks truncated to me, or like two trendy sounds smashed together. I wouldn’t mind it as a nickname for [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], which I don’t think inevitably gets the [name_u]Gabby[/name_u] treatment. If you do go with [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], I think it would be very easy to avoid nicknames, at least unless she decides she wants one herself when she gets older.

I know a lot of people find it trendy or nicknamey but I think it’s really lovely.

I have [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]/[name_f]Briella[/name_f] on my long list.