Thoughts on Carlisle?

Hey guys,

What do you think of the name [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]? I really like it but I know it’s associated with twilight now. I like it for the meaning and its classy sound. What do you think of it? Middle name suggestions?

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] is gorgeous and I honestly didn’t even think about Twilight when I saw it! Twilight isn’t a big deal anymore at all, and when little [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] is older it will be even less relevant than it is now. There are plenty of [name_f]Esme[/name_f]'s running around, so I dont see why [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] cant be used simply for that reason.

I like [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] but I think there is a big chance that it will be shortened to [name_m]Carl[/name_m] when he is an adult, and I really don’t care for [name_m]Carl[/name_m]. That’s my only reservation but if that doesn’t bother you, it would be fine. Maybe in the middle spot?

I would personally use the nn [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]. I don’t have an issue with [name_m]Carl[/name_m] if people use it more.