Thoughts on Chase or Madden..??

We are due to hav a lil boy in 2 wks and would really love sum thoughts on the names [name_u]Chase[/name_u] or [name_m]Madden[/name_m] please! :confused: Thanks heaps!!

iā€™ve been crushing on [name_u]Chase[/name_u] for a while now so my vote goes for that. i think its really masculine and would look great in a suit :slight_smile:

Iā€™d go with [name_u]Chase[/name_u] since it feels less trendy than [name_m]Madden[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] be careful of the middle name you pick because some will feel too wordy with it.

Neither is my styleā€¦I just donā€™t get the appeal at all. But [name_m]Madden[/name_m] sounds like he makes you mad, like the word ā€œmaddeningā€ā€¦so I guess [name_u]Chase[/name_u] is a little better.

I get your point, but since these are both verbs, not nouns, I think itā€™ll sound wordy and descriptive even with a traditional name in the middle. [name_m]Madden[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds like youā€™re going to make [name_u]James[/name_u] angry. [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Michael[/name_m] sounds like a command, not a name. Iā€™m sorry. Iā€™m not trying to be so opinionated. I just canā€™t fathom how these became usable as namesā€¦

[name_m]Both[/name_m] names are trendy brand names (bank and shoe company/NFL guy) so theyā€™re not my style at all but if I had to choose I prefer [name_u]Chase[/name_u].

My vote goes for [name_u]Chase[/name_u].

I donā€™t know what you are planning for a middle name though because I can see that traditional names could pose a challenge, if this is a problem for you [name_u]Chase[/name_u] could easily be a middle name. Of course [name_m]Madden[/name_m] could be the last name if you want to go that way!

If youā€™re looking for some middle name options I think the following work really well:
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Madden[/name_m]

Perhaps [name_m]Cabot[/name_m] or [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] instead? I guess [name_u]Chase[/name_u] is preferable over [name_m]Madden[/name_m]ā€“which just sounds angry. [name_u]Chase[/name_u] sounds exhausting, though. Got anything else?

I would keep looking if I were you. [name_m]Both[/name_m] [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_m]Madden[/name_m] lack strength and character, which I think is essential when naming a young man (and young woman for that matter).

I donā€™t even play them, but I heavily associate [name_m]Madden[/name_m] with the games ([name_m]Madden[/name_m] NFL whatever). That would be a major deterrent for me. I think [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] or [name_u]Madigan[/name_u] would be a similar, but less tied-to-pop-culture-and-trends name.

I donā€™t find [name_u]Chase[/name_u] lacking in strength, character, etc. (Honestly, itā€™s more important that the person wearing the name bears those qualities, and ultimately it wonā€™t be his name that determines that.) I think it feels boyish, rough-and-tumble, zippy, light, though its surname origins give it some strength. I also think itā€™s wonderfully easy to spell and pronounce, which many contemporary names arenā€™t. The only think you might want to consider is whether its spot within the Top 100 for Boys makes it feel too common (since your other choice is ranked down in the 500s). [name_u]Channing[/name_u] or [name_m]Crew[/name_m] are similar but less frequently used.

Thatā€™s true, but I was thinking more along the lines of [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_u]Parker[/name_u] or [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_u]North[/name_u].

[name_u]Chase[/name_u]! If our next baby is a boy his name will be [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]. Its a great boys name!

I like both of them honestly, and I fell for [name_m]Madden[/name_m] recently. But, as a shopoholic I have to say [name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Madden[/name_m] is something I think of when I hear it and I wwouldnt want my son to make me think of high heels. So, for that reason I vote [name_u]Chase[/name_u]. I also wouldnā€™t use [name_m]Madden[/name_m] in the middle name spot with a 1 syllable first name because it sounds like [name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Madden[/name_m]. It sounds like the last name of a designer, so Iā€™d avoid it as a middle name.

We were leaning towards [name_m]Madden[/name_m] but just not sure on what a nick name would be thatā€™s all :confused:

I wish you were getting more positive feedback. I know a [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and ā€œwimpā€ is the adjective that first comes to mind. That is awfulā€¦sorry, but I will never see a [name_u]Chase[/name_u] as strong or capable. [name_m]Madden[/name_m] wins by default with me, but as someone else suggested, [name_u]Madigan[/name_u] or [name_u]Channing[/name_u] changes the naming process and breathes fresh life into otherwise dull choices. Best Wishes!!!

[name_u]Chase[/name_u] is actually Wise Girlā€™s last name so Iā€™d pick it. [name_m]Madden[/name_m] is makes me think about [name_m]Madden[/name_m] brothers of Good [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but itā€™s definitely trendy andā€¦mad.