Thoughts on Cindy or Jeena?

What are your thoughts on these names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like these names?

This is for a project to help name my friend’s upcoming child, we don’t know the gender but the child is due in [name_u]August[/name_u], I can’t give any more details due to privacy concerns.

Honestly, I’m not keen on either. Both strike me as quite dated, and not yet due for revival. On the flipside, I suppose that’s the definition of “ahead of the curve”!

Are these names your friend has suggested? What are his/her criteria?

I quite like [name_f]Cindy[/name_f]. [name_f]Jeena[/name_f] not so much. Seems very dated to me.

I think [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] and [name_f]Jeena[/name_f] are perfectly fine to use, they may be “dated”, but not in a bad way.

I actually really like [name_f]Jeena[/name_f]! It’s “airy” and sweet, and would age well, imo. It’s a nice twist from the name [name_u]Jean[/name_u].

[name_f]Cindy[/name_f] is great too! It’s familiar, yet still sounds on trend, with [name_f]Indie[/name_f] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], etc.

They do strike me as dated but I don’t think that makes them bad names. They’re just not my personal style. I do prefer the traditional spelling [name_f]Gina[/name_f] to [name_f]Jeena[/name_f].

They are names I came up with, I never was given a criteria.

I’m really not keen on [name_f]Jeena[/name_f], mainly because of the spelling. [name_f]Gina[/name_f] or [name_f]Jeana[/name_f] isn’t too bad though. I actually know a young [name_f]Jeana[/name_f] whose about 11 now I think?

[name_f]Cindy[/name_f] is darling. The only Cindys I know or have met have all been over the age of 40, but It doesn’t feel as dated to me as some names, probably because it remained in the top 1000 for more than 60 years.