Thoughts on Combos

I’d love your opinions on these combos.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] - [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is just a name I love. [name_u]Charles[/name_u] honors multiple men on both sides of my family. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is a smoosh of my husband’s grandparents’ middle names, [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and D.

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m] - [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] I just love and love the alliteration with our last name which sounds a lot like “mantis”. I realize not everyone agrees with me on this, but I really love [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] “Mantis” together. [name_u]Julien[/name_u] doesn’t hold a whole lot of meaning. I just like how it flows. [name_m]Kane[/name_m] is a smoosh of [name_u]Kay[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] honoring both of my grandmas, my mom and sister.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] - I love the meaning of [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. Such a happy go lucky name! [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] was my husband’s great grandfather’s name. Hubby’s dad’s name is [name_m]Randall[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] and his grandpa’s first name was [name_u]Clyde[/name_u].

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] - The initials are what is honorific here. [name_f]My[/name_f] initials were CEW before I was married and they’re also my dad’s initials. [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is my husband’s step grandpa’s last name.

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] - [name_f]My[/name_f] grandpa was born in [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]. His first name and his dad’s first name was [name_u]Virgil[/name_u]. He also was a phoenix, always reinventing himself. I just love the meaning of [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

Which is your favorite and why? Which one do you dislike and why? Thanks so much!

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 from your list are [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] based on first names, though, I’m not super keen on [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. It’s a perfectly fine name, just not quite my style.

That leaves [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]. Both are really great, and your combos are so cool and fresh. I feel like I ever so slightly lean for [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] - it feels really unique, yet familiar, and I adore the family connection. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] is a close second. [name_f]My[/name_f] best friend is naming her baby (due any day now!) [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and it’s just so perfect. I also have a soft spot for [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], and while [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] is not a name I particularly love, the familial tie is really great.

However, based on your previous posts with your other kids’ names, I do think [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] fits really well in the sibset. [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is so handsome and classic in the middle spot too!

So, if it were just me, I’d do [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], but for you, I actually do really like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] too! [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] probably wins out overall still, but I don’t think you could go wrong with either of these three.

1 Like

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] - this is so handsome, charming and sleek - really like this

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m] - [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] is fabulous - strong, rugged, with style! [name_m]Kane[/name_m] flows well, I just really don’t enjoy it as a name. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] would be nice. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Jake[/name_m] or [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_u]Kaj[/name_u]

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] - this is wonderful - [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is so joyful and sleek, and [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] is very cool!

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] - meaningful, distinctive and bold; [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] is cool!

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] - this is sparky and unexpected. Don’t love [name_u]Virgil[/name_u]. Soundwise it’s unappealing, sorry, and since [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] honours your grandpa, I would use something else personally :person_shrugging: - still, if you like it, it’s meaningful, and flows :slight_smile: [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m]: [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] as close second!

Least favorite: [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]

Thoughts on each individual combo

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]: I really like this one – very debonair! [name_u]Dean[/name_u] as a smoosh of [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and D is brilliant.

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]: [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] is great! [name_m]Kane[/name_m] isn’t really my thing, though I appreciate the family honor. As an aside, there’s a fairly popular YA book series with a character called [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] Bane; it’s the first thing I thought of with this combo.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]: Has a smooth cowboy feel to it. I love Isaac’s meaning, too.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] is super underrated! This combo flows so well, and I like all of the name individually.

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]: I don’t love the back-to-back g sounds in [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and it has a different feel than the rest of your names. I like the phoenix imagery, though!

1 Like

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is fabulous! [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] turns ten next month and I keep thinking his name is overdue to catch on. It’s sooo cool.

I also like [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

1 Like

while I love both [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_m]Kane[/name_m], the combo is very [name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] to me because he has popular YA series called [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and the [name_m]Kane[/name_m] Chronicles. but other than that, [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is my favorite!

I also love [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u]! Not a fan of [name_u]Virgil[/name_u], it just feels like the epitome of a grandpa name, unlike [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] which are super cool and modern.

least favorite is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]. I don’t like any of the three names. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] are just not my style, and [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] will always be what a kidnapper demands in a note sent with the kid’s severed ear to me.

1 Like

I can’t decide between [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]. They are both so handsome. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] are tied for me so choosing from middle names I would choose [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m] as I love all the middles too.

1 Like

I think for me the one combo I like as is is [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Virgil[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

The others I feel like I’d like them better if one of the names wasn’t included. So for those:

-Jasper [name_u]Charles[/name_u] or [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]

-Julien [name_m]Kane[/name_m]

-Isaac [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] or [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]

-Elijah [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]

1 Like