Thoughts on Cora?

I have several options I’m still tossing around for the last position on my top 10, and [name]Cora[/name] is one that keeps coming to me. I really like the combo [name]Cora[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (although I’m not completely set on it). I love the association to [name]James[/name] Fenimore [name]Cooper[/name]'s The Last of the Mohicans (which is where I’ve heard that [name]Cora[/name] came from), and I had a great-great-great grandmother named [name]Cora[/name] [name]Minerva[/name], which I always thought was pretty impressive. Apparently she ran numbers on the [name]Reading[/name] Railroad, lol, so not the best association, and that’s all she’s really remembered for, but I still do like that it has a tie to my ancestors.

I do like it a lot, and feel it goes fairly well with my other favorites, but I’m still not completely decided. WDYT? [name]One[/name] of my worries is that [name]Cora[/name] is so popular here… I probably know (or have met) at least 6 in my county, way more than the number of Isabellas, Avas, Sophias, Olivias, Madisons, and Abigails put together. I don’t think it ranks very popular in my state, but I still know quite a few of them, which worries me a little.

I’m also considering [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name]… I’m not sure if I like either of those more, but then I don’t think I could do [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] as the MNs, as it’s pretty long.

Anyway, thoughts?

Thanks, ladies!

I really like [name]Cora[/name]. I’ve only ever met one, but I think it’s very sweet. I like [name]Coralie[/name] and I like [name]Coraline[/name], but [name]Cordelia[/name] just makes me think of a girl who loves her father enough to be honest with him about her love and so he kicks her out of his kingdom and doesn’t love her anymore…then she dies before they can ever make up in his arms.

Anyway, love [name]Cora[/name] and I think [name]Cora[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] has a nice flow and I say keep it!

I love [name]Cora[/name]. I think of Downton [name]Abby[/name], but I love the chow so it is a positive connection. I think [name]Cora[/name] sounds really fresh, but with [name]Pearl[/name] I really like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

I love this name. It’s so sweet, and also very pretty. I also like [name]Coralie[/name], but I’m not really a fan of [name]Cordelia[/name] (and I love old lady names).

I love [name]Cora[/name]! I, too, think of Downton [name]Abbey[/name] but it’s a very positive association and I love Lady [name]Cora[/name].

I think I prefer [name]Cora[/name] as a stand alone name, but I do really like [name]Cordelia[/name] for the [name]Shakespeare[/name] reference.

I think [name]Cora[/name] is a very pretty name; it feels fresh and vintage all at once. It’s nice that you have the family association, too. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] sounds really nice! I haven’t met anyone named [name]Cora[/name], but I’m not sure what to think about how popular it might become. I live in a quite yupster/hipster area and many of the kids I know have vintage-style names like [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Mathilda[/name], etc…I think it definitely depends on the demographic.

lol, that’s the thing, though! I don’t live in a hipster/yupster area at all! It’s farm country and poor inner-city, lol. Most of the kids I know have names like [name]Jayden[/name], R@hasha, K@biliyza, etc–or common, top-50 but not quite top-10 names like [name]Arianna[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Kylee[/name], etc. So it boggles my mind that I know so many Coras. That, and Autumns and Elijahs. It blows my mind how pretty much every [name]Berry[/name] is sick of hearing [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Emma[/name], because I think hearing those would be refreshing compared to hearing of another [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], or [name]Cora[/name]. haha. I mean, I obviously love [name]Cora[/name] or I wouldn’t have posted it, but when I hear [name]Cora[/name], I can’t help but think, “Oh, there goes another one…”

I think [name]Cora[/name]'s probably out, anyway. I love [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Cora[/name], and [name]Pearl[/name], and I love them together, but when I was thinking about my other favorites that are an option for this last spot ([name]Clara[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Eleni[/name], [name]Ivy[/name]), I can’t help but think that they excite me so much more. I still really like it as a MN, though, so I might do [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Cora[/name]… Or maybe even [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Cora[/name]…

I love [name]Cora[/name] - sweet and easy going. I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Coralie[/name], partially because I know a French girl with the name and she’s so great I hafta love the name too :wink:

This made me laugh really hard.

Anyway… I like [name]Cora[/name]. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Annaliese[/name], to be honest, but [name]Cora[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] does have a pretty flow. If you went with [name]Coralie[/name] (which I like just a titch better than [name]Cora[/name]), maybe it could become [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], or [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Elise[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]?

@ashthedreamer: I see what you mean…that is very strange, lol! Ooh I love [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] from your other options–they definitely excite me more, too.