Thoughts on Dahlia?

Anyone have perspectives to share on the name [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] (possible childhood nn being Dolly)? What vibe does it give off to you? Would it fit well with siblings like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (current crushes!)? (Personally, I love the idea of [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] as sisters!)

Middle name would probably be [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] as per family tradition.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] with [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] as a nickname. I think it goes better with [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] than [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], though.
[name_f]My[/name_f] niece named her baby [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] and I tried to convince her to use [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] as a nickname. She went with [name_u]Dory[/name_u] instead.

1 Like

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is so sweet and warm!! I like the nn [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] and it fits in with your girls.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation is the multiple pronunciations- though that might not be an issue where you are!!

1 Like

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is such a pretty name. It’s feminine
and flowy and goes beautifully with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (my daughter’s name :cupid:).

[name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is fine as a nickname although it isn’t quite as intuitive with my accent (Australian) as it is with an American one,

1 Like

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is so pretty ! It gives me a boho vibe ! I know a few Dahlia’s all around 10 and they are pretty studious

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] , [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] are so pretty together. I would personally hesitate to have 2 flower names together like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and Dalhoa but it makes a sweet theme

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it

1 Like

I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. In my neck of the woods there is really only one pronunciation for it so that is a plus! I think it goes great with [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. Agree with previous posters that [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] together is too much of a plant theme for me.

1 Like

Aw [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is gorgeous! Absolutely stunning & a perfect fit in your set.

1 Like

To me [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is where nature names meet sophisticated, slightly dramatic names, which I mean as a compliment!

[name_f]Dolly[/name_f] totally works as a nickname.

Where I live (Atlantic Canada) I’ve heard it pronounced as both DAHL-ya and DAIL-a, the latter of which confuses me.

1 Like

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is very pretty in a southern, sunshine and iced tea kind of way. I like the idea of [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] as a nickname which makes it even more southern due to the singer. I’m all for it! Very lovely!

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!

I pronounce it dahl-ya (I have occasionally heard dale-ya which confuses me but eh), which seems most intuitive to me, but I know there’s a couple different pronunciations. It wouldn’t bug me.

Hearing your thoughts has definitely confirmed that it deserves a spot on our list!

I find it interesting to hear that [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are grouped together as too themey, because I totally forget from time to time that ivy plants have flowers! I’ve actually never seen one in bloom. But yeah, I do see y’all’s points.

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is drop dead gorgeous and I love [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] and it seems fine with the other names. It’s a very sexy, sophisticated name.

1 Like